Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carmax Preapproval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carmax Preapproval

Quick question for the board- I was pre-approved through carmax online, received a call from the salesman who gave me terms and a price/apr I am happy with.  Has anyone received pre-approval from them, only to go to the dealer and be denied?  Dont want to waste my Saturday driving 2 hours each way if they have a habit of retracting their offers.  I do have the HP on reporting on my credit report so I assume this is a done deal. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Carmax Preapproval

You're good. However, I would call them back and find out ALL the necessary documents they may need. You don't want to drive all that way for nothing. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick question for the board- I was pre-approved through carmax online, received a call from the salesman who gave me terms and a price/apr I am happy with.  Has anyone received pre-approval from them, only to go to the dealer and be denied?  Dont want to waste my Saturday driving 2 hours each way if they have a habit of retracting their offers.  I do have the HP on reporting on my credit report so I assume this is a done deal. 

You should be good. Make sure to bring your insurance card and at least your two most recent pay stubs. 

Message 3 of 4
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with the other posters...sounds like you're good as long as you have the docs to back up the info submitted to obtain that approval.  If you do decide to purchase, please come back and update the thread.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.