Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto loan denied me

tag
chevydude26
Contributor

Chase auto loan denied me

My mide score is 696. The used car loan was for 16000 60 months. I have a mortgage for 2490 and my monthly salary is 4000 and i recieve rental income of 2490 which covers my mortgage. Was my denial income related? Or could it have been something in my credit report like an old collecton from like 4 years ago?

Puzzled

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase auto loan denied me

Did you ask for a recon?

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 4
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

I have to imagine it has to do with DTI ratio.  Just your mortgage puts you at 62% and that's not including other expenses. You could possibly be at 75% DTI with other bills such as cell phone, gym, etc.  I think the magic number is 43% or lower.

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Tazman81
Established Contributor

I agree, this sounds like it was income related.  Even with asking for a recon, they are likely going to want proof that you have this steady rental income and that normally entails copies of your taxes showing that you are claiming the rental income.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.