Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How far back do they go?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How far back do they go?

I was recently told that when auto lenders pull credit reports, they get different reports than are available to consumers, containing older accounts, histories etc.  Is this true?  If so how can someone see the same reports these guys will be looking at and is there any recourse on getting information on them corrected?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How far back do they go?

@Anonymous wrote:
I was recently told that when auto lenders pull credit reports, they get different reports than are available to consumers, containing older accounts, histories etc.  Is this true?  If so how can someone see the same reports these guys will be looking at and is there any recourse on getting information on them corrected?

The only information a NEW lender can see is what is on your current report.

If they use a AUTO ENHANCED score that gives you a different credit score then a basic myFICO.

If it is a lender that you have a History with, they may have individual information in their files that they can refer to as long as they want.

Message Edited by usmc58555 on 08-15-2009 08:00 AM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How far back do they go?

Ok, that confirms my original understanding.  Thank you for replying.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.