Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger and apped

tag
BGinVA
Contributor

Pulled the trigger and apped

My new car is built, has a vin number and is awaiting transport to the dealer. Things moved a lot faster than I thought they would and I didn't have quite enough time to hit the 660's I wanted before apping, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the dealer comes back with a good rate.  I decided to let him shop it first and if I don't like the deal he offers I stil have time to shop it on my own. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Pulled the trigger and apped

@BGinVA wrote:

My new car is built, has a vin number and is awaiting transport to the dealer. Things moved a lot faster than I thought they would and I didn't have quite enough time to hit the 660's I wanted before apping, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the dealer comes back with a good rate.  I decided to let him shop it first and if I don't like the deal he offers I stil have time to shop it on my own. 

Good luck !!  so what car did you go with ? 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 19
BGinVA
Contributor

Its a 2012 Chevy Traverse AWD 1LT in Twilight Blue Metallic with tow package, sunroof, rear vision camera, heated front seats plus all the bells and whistles that are standard on that model. 

Message 3 of 19
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Sounds really nice !  Hopefully the dealer can get you a good rate ~  have you started looking around at local CU or banks for financing also ?

Message 4 of 19
BGinVA
Contributor

I thought I'd see what the dealer comes back with first, as I THINK my Auto enhanced FICO may be higher than my regular having two paid auto loans in good standing still reporting on my cr, so I'm going to wait to see what he throws at me, since I'm not sitting in the dealership having to make a quick decision, I have a pretty good idea where I want to see it land, lol. 

Message 5 of 19
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Nothing wrong with that approach ~ I would expect a good rate from the dealer, especially since you have good auto history.

Message 6 of 19
BGinVA
Contributor

I decided to buy an updated FICO today so I could see exactly what the lenders are looking and low and behold I HIT 660 EXACTLY on my Equifax today!!!!!  So far this morning my cr has taken 4 inquirie hits, The dealer, Suntrust, Bank of America (I pray they aren't my only option) & Union 1 (which I've never heard of). 

Message 7 of 19
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Cool !  That's great, congrats on the score bump !

Message 8 of 19
BGinVA
Contributor

Well my salesman called tonight to let me know that my loan has been approved "with a major bank at a top tier rate".  He didn't have any other information and said I'd have to get that from the F&I guy, here's hoping his "top" tier rate is comparable to what I have in mind. 

Message 9 of 19
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@BGinVA wrote:

Well my salesman called tonight to let me know that my loan has been approved "with a major bank at a top tier rate".  He didn't have any other information and said I'd have to get that from the F&I guy, here's hoping his "top" tier rate is comparable to what I have in mind. 

Cool !  That sounds promising ~ just remember that the interest rate & terms are somewhat negotiable as well, so don't necessarily jump at their first offer....

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.