Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about getting an auto loan

tag
mo15473
Contributor

Re: Question about getting an auto loan

This is my wife 3rd Car loan. But I can tell you this Navy does not look at recent auto loans. My first auto loan was thew NFCU and it was for 32k  VW passat. But that was 5 years ago. Trust me treat them right and they will do the same in return just ask CA and Lexie. I Have learned the scoop thew there post online.

Correction

Message 11 of 25
codehavoc
Regular Contributor

Ok I will. I have a CC with a 6000 limit with a balance of 3000 that I pay 500 a month on

Starting Score: Equifax 582 Experian 610 Transunion 620
Current Score: Equifax 693 Experian 751 Transunion 739
Goal Score: Equifax 730 Experian 750 Transunion 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 25
mo15473
Contributor

Would not be suprise if you get 3% if you apply now. Hell my wife did and her TU was like 655 I think. Btw great choice of car. Id go for the SRT8 Hell cat if I were you. but the Cars dont come out till Q3 anyway.

Message 13 of 25
codehavoc
Regular Contributor

Yea I'm thinking about my payments per month. Don't wanna be paying 5-6 hundred per month

Message 14 of 25
codehavoc
Regular Contributor

I also have another question. This is my first car loan and I have never had a loan other then student loans and my highest credit limit on a card is 6000. Would that play a factor when applying for a loan?

Message 15 of 25
mo15473
Contributor

@codehavoc wrote:
I also have another question. This is my first car loan and I have never had a loan other then student loans and my highest credit limit on a card is 6000. Would that play a factor when applying for a loan?

It might pending on who you get the loan from. You might want to try your local credit unions first or if you are prior military or have a family member serving in the military try NFCU,Penn Fed or USAA. You also may want to call the dealer and see what are their credit score tiers for financing. That should give you an idea on what to look forward to when shopping around.

Message 16 of 25
codehavoc
Regular Contributor

Yes Im in the military now and have both NFCU and USAA. The care I want don't come out till the 3Q of this year. I'm just trying to put myself in a good position to get it with a low interest rate 

Message 17 of 25
mo15473
Contributor

With your current scores I dont see that being a problem with NFCU. I believe you qualify for 1.9 percent already. I think as long as you dont go out and do anything stupid like a app spree you should be good.

Message 18 of 25
codehavoc
Regular Contributor

Ok my last inquiry was April 18 of this year for a discover it card. I wanted to apply for a AMEX gold. Should I wait then? The car doesn't come out yet. I think it comes out in sept. So I have 3 months to wait.

Message 19 of 25
Remember0
Valued Contributor

How many cards do you currently have (AU cards do not count)? Any cards with baddies reporting?

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.