Frequent Contributor
currentlywinning

Questions regarding REFINANCING

Hello all.

I am in the market (and need) to refinance my car. I have 9 months of good solid on time payments. Recently I have come into a bit of a struggle and would like to refi to save money. The original plan was to try and refinance after my year but is 9 months of good history enough? Ive been told that I can also take out the loan for MORE than the car amount and use that extra towards car repairs (God forbid I need them) or other bills that I need to get down to a zero balance.

I owe less than 10K on the car. I was thinking of asking for a refi of about 15k. Does this sound ridiculous?

Any and ALL advice is welcome. 

God bless!:heart:

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Frequent Contributor
currentlywinning

Re: Questions regarding REFINANCING

Anyone?

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Cox0924

Was the car used to begin with? What did you pay at start?
Current myFICO Score: 747 as of 12-1-2012
Frequent Contributor
currentlywinning

Hi!

The car is a used 2008 Nissan Altima with 50k miles. 13,500 with 3500 DP.

Cox0924

Assuming you refinance and they look up the kelly blue book on a 2008 altima base with no extras in excellent condition its only worth $10k to them. In Fair condition is only $8, 200. They wont refinance you for much more then its worth. Make sure you arent upside down on that loan or you may have to pay the difference.
Current myFICO Score: 747 as of 12-1-2012
Frequent Contributor
currentlywinning

Ive researched that already:smileyhappy:. The average between the trade in and personal sale of my car was $10, 838.50. I still owe about $10,044.52 on the loan (December payment doesnt come out til the 16th) so I will be well under the value of the car as far as the loan is concerned. Im not even sure if that matters or how, I just crunch number in hopes of one day making sense of it all.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}