New Contributor
princesstooth

Refinance or app for CC first?

So I've cleaned up my reports considerably these last 2 months, even though I have yet to see a significant score bump, and have reduced my util from 98% to 9%. I'm at 619 eq fico currently and expecting a considerable score increase (hopefully). I want to be able to buy a house within a year but want to refi my car loan first. Im at 18% APR. Should I refi and sit on things until Im ready to buy? I currently have Cap 1 $1500 cl, FP $300 cl with a 30 day late 1 1/2 yrs ago, FP $350 cl with 2 30 day lates 1 1/2 yrs ago. I want to try for a walmart card before I get a house. Is getting another CC to help build up my credit a good idea?

I do have a paid auto loan with several lates, and 2 paid bank loans with numerous 120 day lates on my CR?

What should I do first?

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Refinance or app for CC first?

When are you aiming for a home?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}