Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was wondering of my approval chances with local CU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was wondering of my approval chances with local CU

Hi Everyone, 

I just applied for my first auto loan this pass Saturday through my local CU and was wondering on my approval chances, I pulled my 1B TU fico score from this site. I had a 667 as of 2/4/17 and when my credit union pulled my score it was a 692(same day). I applied for a 31k loan, and the reason I only pullled TU, is because my CU only reports to TU. 

my income is 50k a yr

my DTI is 24%

i have nothing neagtive on my account

I have 1 credit card 7 months old with a 1% utilization rate for the past 7 months

I have a 750 installment loan I got a few months ago to help my chances for the auto loan since I have never had a student loan. 

I have been at my aprtment for 3yrs

and been working with my current employer for 9 months 

if it helps my CU is first northern credit union - they have a program called driving sense which they finance up 120% with no money down and a credit requirement of 660

The car I am looking at is a 2016 kia optima SX L new/used

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Was wondering of my approval chances with local CU

Looks like you have a solid chance.  I don't see any red flags.  DCU and Penfed are great options also for car loans.  If buying a Kia I suggest new so you can get the 10 yr 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.  Getting a preapproval before you go in is the best way to go so your already headed in the right direction. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thanks for the reassuraing words to my overthinking,  I have never heard of DCU, but rhey seem like another solid choice to try out. Do you happen to know their approval criteria by any chance? I have heard about penfed, but hear they are strict on approval requirements 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sure you fulfill DCUs requirements.  There are posts here with plenty of detail on DCU.  I finance with NFCU so I am not an expert on DCU.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thanks for the help!

I just received my counteroffer from my CU. They'll finance me the 31k, but want 15% down, hopefully I can get something more favorable with a lower down payment requirement at another institution
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.