Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto loan thin file help..?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

auto loan thin file help..?

Ok so i have a sister in law andim asking this question for her....
She has no credit ive added her as an authorized user on my credit one and capital one..two months now
She has been working over a year the same job takes around $1000 a month.. she doesnt pay rent or nothing... would know her score until probably december
But what are her chances on obtaining a auto loan with a bank or dealerahip... and for how much would she be able to get a car... thanks anything will help.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: auto loan thin file help..?

She needs at least 6 months of credit history. At that point a credit score will generate.

The key will be a large down payment. This will offset the risk to the bank. Check with the bank she uses most. Get a pre-approval prior to rate shopping at the dealer.

I was given a 0% loan with new credit. It was a 36 month loan and I put over 30% down.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: auto loan thin file help..?

If $1000 per month is her entire HH income, then she should not be picking up an auto loan at this time. It will hurt her more than help her.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.