Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card offers post bk7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card offers post bk7

First time poster here. For about the past ten years my financial health has been abysmal with little care for any consequences.

Fortunately, working for Amazon I signed up for legal services at a cost of 15 per month and that pays my attorneys fees on the bankruptcy I decided to go ahead with CH 7.

My score hovers somewhere near 500 currently and my attorney is filing sometime this week. I have dug through these forums for answers for my scenario and most of what I’m seeing are people who initially had pretty high scores, filing and then pretty easily able to get some decent cc’s post dc.

I will have only burnt capitol one by the time this is over, but just for some context I did a prequel for credit one just to see and there was nothing there so what I’m getting at is a.) will I get offers from CC companies after the DC is made public record? B.) will I be more likely to get approved for a CC post BK7 based on a fresh start?

A little more context a few months ago discover turned me down for a secured card. Lol.

I’m sure I could have been more concise but I had a lot to get off my chest. Thanks!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit card offers post bk7

Welcome to the board. Its best to wait after the BK has been discharge. Creditors are looking at your present situation and its not looking good. After DC many get a score rise due to no more debt. You'll get hammered by Credit One, ollo and few others. Best advise. Looking now wont be a true and actual score until its all finished. Once done. Then start checking pre-qual sites. Get Part 1 done first. Then worry about Part 2 once its over and done with.

Message 2 of 3
MrsSanchez80
Established Member

Re: Credit card offers post bk7

I agree. My numbers were up and down right after bankruptcy. I'm 2 mos post Ch 7 and my numbers are improving. Best advice....be very patient Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.