Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally did it!

tag
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

Finally did it!

Lost employment along with a six-figure income 9/2013.
As a man in his mid-50's regaining that level of income was impossible to find again so I plugged along the best I could by paying the minimums with a drastically reduced income.
The hole just got bigger.
I filed BK7 on 3/31/17.
My 341 hearing is 5/9/17 and I'm a nervous wreck but according to my Attorney I have no reason to be.
I'm keeping my home "as contracted" (I'm not past due with my Chase mortgage) and on the advice of my counsel I'm not reaffirming.
Once discharged I plan on following the advice found here to get back to a 700+ CS.
I'm blessed to have stumbled across this forum and look forward to posting my progress.
Keep me in your good thoughts!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally did it!

Congrats! Nice to have some weight off. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of luck to you and CONGRATS on starting anew.  I think many of us might agree that the nervousness is related to the unknown, but I personally promise there is nothing to fear.  Speaking for myself I can say that my 341 meeting seemed almost informal compared to what I expected.  Answer the questions directly and clearly - don't whipser like I did because I was so nervous - and you'll be fine Smiley Happy  As far as the myFICO forums - I promise the community has been a Godsend for me.  Financially I am in so much of a better place than I could have ever imagined and life after filing has been far easier by simply having resources, guidance and even support from others who have experiecned the same.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Havent posted in awhile so I now see I need to update my credit scores and progress etc......

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.