Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Preauth!!!

tag
heavenli
Contributor

First Premier Preauth!!!

Hello to all my Myfico fam!!!

Today I got home and low and behold I have an invitation from First Premier in the mail. Do I take advantage of it? I already have Capital One so I would have 2 open credit lines if I used this one.. 

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Heaven

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: First Premier Preauth!!!

Stay far far away from First Premier as possible.... They are sharks.... If you have a capitalone then treat them well they will grow or at least get you to were you need to be.... But by all means even a secured card is better than First Premier.... Monthly fees, AF, Cost to get CLI...

Send it to the shredder..

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 2 of 14
heavenli
Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:

Stay far far away from First Premier as possible.... They are sharks.... If you have a capitalone then treat them well they will grow or at least get you to were you need to be.... But by all means even a secured card is better than First Premier.... Monthly fees, AF, Cost to get CLI...

Send it to the shredder..

WOW!!! Thank you!!!! I have an unsecured Cap 1.

Thanks again for the great advice.

Message 3 of 14
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Pass on the First Premier offer to someone you hate.

Message 4 of 14
heavenli
Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

Ha ha ha !! I have to admit, that was funny!

Message 5 of 14
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@heavenli wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

Ha ha ha !! I have to admit, that was funny!

I laugh every time I see one in my mailbox! When you can laugh at that stuff it means you have control!

Message 6 of 14
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@heavenli wrote:

Today I got home and low and behold I have an invitation from First Premier in the mail. Do I take advantage of it? I already have Capital One so I would have 2 open credit lines if I used this one.. 

Thanks,

Heaven

Really?  I didn't even read the rest of this thread but I really hope you're kidding.  I thought you were following the plan?  If so, follow it.

Also, NEVER app for a pre-approval you get in the mail until you have AAA credit or have researched it online to make sure it's the best offer avail.  There's always usually a better offer online.  Most of T the mailers are the bottom of the barrel "sucker" offers.  They work for the same reason Nigerian Phishing 419 scam emails work... people keep falling for them.

-SM

Edited to fix a generalziation that was clearly too general.

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 7 of 14
heavenli
Contributor

@SoulMaster wrote:

@heavenli wrote:

Thanks,

Heaven

Really?  I didn't even read the rest of this thread but I really hope you're kidding.  I thought you were following the plan?  If so, follow it.

Also, NEVER app for a pre-approval you get in the mail until you have AAA credit.  There's always a better offer online.  The mailers are the bottom of the barrel "sucker" offers.  They work for the same reason Nigerian Phishing 419 scam emails work... people keep falling for them.

-SM

I'm on the plan but maybe i need to read it again...I may be misunderstanding what I should be doing.... I haven't app'd for anything outside the CAP 1 I have received. Oh and my cell phone but that was necessary.....

Message 8 of 14
LieslMet

@SoulMaster wrote:

@heavenli wrote:

Thanks,

Heaven

Also, NEVER app for a pre-approval you get in the mail until you have AAA credit.  There's always a better offer online.  The mailers are the bottom of the barrel "sucker" offers.  They work for the same reason Nigerian Phishing 419 scam emails work... people keep falling for them.

-SM

That's how the unsecured Cap1 offer comes through... the mail. The generalization that everything that comes in the mail is a scam that only fools fall for isn't right. Yesterday, I got home and found four - yes, FOUR - of them from Cap1. They all went in the shredder but regardless, that's how they come. And they're in your plan.

Message 9 of 14
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@LieslMet wrote:

@SoulMaster wrote:

@heavenli wrote:

Thanks,

Heaven

-SM

That's how the unsecured Cap1 offer comes through... the mail. The generalization that everything that comes in the mail is a scam that only fools fall for isn't right. Yesterday, I got home and found four - yes, FOUR - of them from Cap1. They all went in the shredder but regardless, that's how they come. And they're in your plan.

My unsecured CreditOne cc with $700 CL was from an offer that showed up in my mail box. So is the Barclay's offer to my wife [$1,500 cl]. We took both.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.