Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I filed.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed.

After all the stress and literally having my BK on hold for ages, i finally filed today.
I would have to say it was the right decision (even though i hated making it) because as i was leaving the office i felt great. almost like MAYBE theres light at the end of the tunnel.

I will post updates to my story here!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I filed.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
Fox342
New Contributor

The fact that you deliberated so long is a good thing...it means you took the time to make the right decision.  Now you're on the road to recovery!  There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel!

Good luck!

Fox

"The borrower is slave to the lender."
(EQ: 820) (TU: 827) (EX: 815)
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do believe there is always light at the end of the tunnel and you are in a particulrly good position to find that light having found this site before you even filed! The information I've found in the short period of time that I've been a member has been incredibly helpful. I wish I had known of this site before of even shortly after I filed my 13. At any rate, good luck!!!

Message 4 of 13
padme
Established Contributor

Whew.. I bet you are feeling so good now... I too files like 18 months ago, but i had done it blind.. Ive learned so much after. Rebuild in a few months or not, You're on a better path now.. good luck at hearing and dont let any one bully you into getting anything you dont need, stay away from letters that come in mail soon...

Message 5 of 13
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

You can only go up from here. Good luck on your rebuild!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the bankruptcy has shown up on MYFICO. and ive lost some points, Question

is this the extent of the damage? Or will more credit score be lost through this whole process?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I filed my scores have jumped, dropped, leaped up and then did a head spin. They will continue to rise and fall. Don't worry about it, it's normal.
Message 8 of 13
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After all the stress and literally having my BK on hold for ages, i finally filed today.
I would have to say it was the right decision (even though i hated making it) because as i was leaving the office i felt great. almost like MAYBE theres light at the end of the tunnel.

I will post updates to my story here!

Went through the same thing years ago. Good luck to you and don't hesitate to ask any questions on here. 

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, im confused on something.

My BK has not entered discharge state, and isnt exactly close to that point yet, however it has shown up that i have filed on my CR.

Today, upon checking the mail, i found  6 credit offers. 4 of which were auto loan offers.

I have never received an offer in the mail in my life. EVER.

Is this a fluke? Or do these companies monitor that stuff that closely? I mean holy crap...

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.