cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm distraught after CH7 please help me!!!

tag
GoingTo800
Contributor

Re: I'm distraught after CH7 please help me!!!

Seriously don't stress about your credit at all. Going from a bk to a 660-700 credit score is really easy. You'll get a cap one and a orchard bank credit card and maybe a couple others shortly after discharge and use them wisely and your score will go up fast. Wait a little after your discharge and pull your reports to just make sure its all accurate. I really would not stress the accounts listed iib. I had 11 fall off at the 7 year mark and got no score change, I don't think they really hurt you as much as you think, they tie right in with the bk . The big factor is make sure you don't get any post bk negatives
Equifax Feb 2012 690
TU Feb 2012 720
Message 11 of 16
DesperateCh7

Thanks, that is very reassuring!! This is a huge adjustment for me as I'm sure it is to everyone else. I'm used to my score being over 700 even when I had all the bills. Somewhow I maintained. Plus, I need to start looking for a place to stay for me and my kids. Lots of people run a credit check. My car lease will be up in two years so I need to be able to get a new car. Probably wont be able to lease again but that's okay.

And when you say no post neg after bk..I assume you mean no late payments and such after the bk?

Message 12 of 16
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@DesperateCh7 wrote:

My car lease will be up in two years so I need to be able to get a new car. Probably wont be able to lease again but that's okay.

And when you say no post neg after bk..I assume you mean no late payments and such after the bk?

That's correct. And trust me: If you stay current on your lease and start to rebuild credit in the next couple of months, getting a new lease in two years won't be a problem.

Message 13 of 16
DesperateCh7

Thanks!!

So happy I found these forums! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Hang in there. Many apartment agencies will accept a BK on your credit report if you have proof of adequate income for the apartment/house you are leasing. A car in 2 years will be easy too. I was able to get a great interest rate for my car about 3 years after BK. And your scores will go up. Don't fret....spend a lot of time on these forums and stick to the recommended plan for improving your credit. It is well!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 15 of 16
DesperateCh7

Thank You!!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.