Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank

tag
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank

I burned Capital One as well, although when I first applied I was denied.  I opened a secured card with my credit union the same day I opened my checking and savings account.  I then obtained a fingerhut account.  I let those age for about 4 months and then I gave Capital One a try again and I was approved, 500 QS1 and 500 Platinum.  Those were my starting limits.  With you BK being so new I would give them some time.  Some are able to get right back in with Capital One while others have to wait a while.  They are BK friendly.  I would go ahead and apply for the Merrick Bank since you have a pre approval and that is the only way you get in with them other than their secured card.  Good Luck.  Get some positive trade lines going on you reports after the BK.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got a card with Merrick and my BK info is in my signature. But i did not have  merrick card included in the BK. Just an FYI if that helps anyone.

Message 12 of 13
padme
Established Contributor

I too, had this card.. I got credit one 4 months post BK, then Merrick a few months later.. yeah has a AF, rate was 18% though.. it was secured though for only $200.. I never could figure how to add more without calling them... it was a year before i moved onto capitol one QS1 for $3k/venture 10k. always stayed at 10% or less... hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.