Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistakes on my credit file.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mistakes on my credit file.

I had a chapter 7 bankruptcy that discharged back in Aug of 2005.  I have found that a mistake on my credit file and I'm not sure if I should get it changed.  I found that my 2nd mortgage states that the account was included with the bankruptcy.  It was not and I have been making on time payments to my 2nd mortgage company since 8/2005.  My FICO score is back in the good range again.  I want to have this corrected and I have since sent one letter to the Experian and I'm going to send another soon.  My question is if I do get this corrected will this help, hurt or make no difference to my credit score.   The reason I say this is then there's another $35,000 worth of debt that will now show up on my file but with on time payments for over 3 years now...

Thanks in advance,
MrChip

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mistakes on my credit file.

Chip:

Is EX and the other CRA's reporting your payments each month?  Look on your reports for where it says "last payment" or "most recent payment".  If the date is older than June of this year, then the answer is NO.   If they are not reporting it anymore, then the balance should say $0.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why they are not reporting it !    I did not include this in my bankruptcy,  so why are they not reporting it?

Just looking for answers that no one seems to want to answer !

MrChip

Message 3 of 4
yoyo
Established Contributor

MycChip, please send a letter to the CB that your item is reporting incorrectly.  Sent a copy of your BK papers, (hopefully your 2nd mortgage isn't listed), or try to contact your mortgage company BK department..I'm sure they can help...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.