cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please check your credit reports after discharge! Many errors on my reports. Cards received.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please check your credit reports after discharge! Many errors on my reports. Cards received.

Please remember to check your credit reports after discharge and monitor them for awhile. Thank god I have a monitoring service because I have found like ten errors after my discharge. I am disputing accounts that were listed as "retain and pay" that are reporting as closed and included in bankruptcy, which lower my score by 20 points overnight. I have about three corrections so far in my favor.

Also, student loans  were listed as included in bankrupty and we all know it is rare to get a student loan discharge.  Late payments were added to accounts that were never late and approved deferrment listed as late payments. Is it worth the hassle of disputing payments that were never late but are included in bankruptcy?

On the bright side, I received my Discover IT and Capital One cards this week with my Target Red Debit.

Has anyone encountered these issues?  If so, any advice.

Updated... TIP:  I found it easier to review changes in information on my reports when I acted as if I was going to submit a dispute on Transunion, Equifax and Experian. It allowed me to see updates of accounts (when an updated credit report was not available for free or I have already used the annualcreditreport one per week).

1 REPLY 1
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Please check your credit reports after discharge! Many errors on my reports. Cards received.

True. So far my EX and EQ seem to have reported correctly however i currently have a TU Dispute about 2 weeks in where it was a mess. The IIB notations was missing on all but 2 so hopefully they straighten it out to report accurately as the other 2 CRA's.

You know what? It bugs me that industry magnets like CRA's like this can't do accurate record keeping when they have for years had the resources and experience to check then double check the data. I mean why is it WE the consumer have to do their job for them? Pffft

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.