Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting after BK

tag
noobafterbk
Contributor

Reporting after BK

So I have been successful in cleaning up my reports post BK7. I have two baddies due to drop off next month and then other than the BK i will only have a repo as a negative account. My question is how should this account be reported?

To clarify; the account is reporting IIB, zero balance etc etc but Date Reported is updating each month so April 2015 as of today......is that correct or should the last date reported be the date of dishcharge?

Also is there any clever strategies for attempting have the account removed early (its a legitimate account) or am I stuck with this baddie for the next 6 years? I even considered offering a little PFD :Man Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Reporting after BK

The account is reporting correctly. You should not dispute anything that is accurate. Offering a PFD could be an option, but I would just let it age naturally.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 5
noobafterbk
Contributor

thank you i appreciate the advice
Message 3 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

@noobafterbk wrote:
thank you i appreciate the advice

No problem!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@noobafterbk wrote:

So I have been successful in cleaning up my reports post BK7. I have two baddies due to drop off next month and then other than the BK i will only have a repo as a negative account. My question is how should this account be reported?

To clarify; the account is reporting IIB, zero balance etc etc but Date Reported is updating each month so April 2015 as of today......is that correct or should the last date reported be the date of dishcharge?

Also is there any clever strategies for attempting have the account removed early (its a legitimate account) or am I stuck with this baddie for the next 6 years? I even considered offering a little PFD :Man Sad

I would not be offering any company a PFD that was discharged in your BK, they are legally barred from even talking to you about this debt the automatic stay of BK sees to that, if they were to give you an offer for the PFD then they would be  in violation of the BK laws. They can update it every month if they want there is nothing illegal about that, it costs them money to do so and at some point they will get tired of spending money on it when they have nothing coming in from you.

You may be able to contact them "informally" by phone to see what can be done about their updating just dont expect them to offer much of anything due to the BK law.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.