cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help pls, CREDIT show students included in Bk7

tag
nurse0528

help pls, CREDIT show students included in Bk7

Greetings to all, I recently signed up for the score watch here on myfico. I had an alert that my Equifax score drop 40 points because my students loan which is a Stafford loan have been included in my bk7. I was shocked because I thought we couldn't include students loan into the filing. My students loans are both federals student loan balance about 8k. It was transfer to aspire student loan management about two years ago. Is this normal for it to be included in bk7. Or is this an error. Please anyone please share your thoughts or experiences on this.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: help pls, CREDIT show students included in Bk7

Im in the same boat as you.

I disputed it, but, was told that once the discharge is ordered, it will go back to reporting as it was prior.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 4
mlibby
Regular Contributor

The only way to get a student loan to fall under bankruptcy is if you dispute to the bankruptcy court that is next to impossible for you to pay it back or become disabled and or cant find a job in your profession (that you went to school for). This is just some of the stuff i had read recently. sorry not sure if it helps

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@mlibby wrote:

The only way to get a student loan to fall under bankruptcy is if you dispute to the bankruptcy court that is next to impossible for you to pay it back or become disabled and or cant find a job in your profession (that you went to school for). This is just some of the stuff i had read recently. sorry not sure if it helps

Even then, the student loans won't be discharged. To get an actual student loan discharge is a very rare occurance.

Your best bet, once you are discharged, is to clean up your credit report. Make sure everything in your petition, but the student loans, reports iib and zero balance.

Then go to the student loan section on this site to see how to rehab your student loans. Once you do that, you will have a leg up on rebuilding because your student loans will show up as current and the lates will be removed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.