Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA BBR - Approval & CLI // Citi TYP - CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA BBR - Approval & CLI // Citi TYP - CLI

Greetings,

I decided I would use my first post to share my most recent approvals. These successes would not have been possible without the knowledge gained from reading the MyFico forums over this past year. In this time frame, I closed a few sub-prime accounts [student versions of BofA, Capital One, HSBC, and Credit One] that refused to grow and opened several new accounts with prime lenders [see signature]. Previously, my total credit limits were less than $15,000. Thank you for reading.

1. I received a pre-approval letter by mail for the Citi Thank You Preferred WMC earlier this year. On 3/3/14, I applied and was approved for $2,000 at 11.99% APR. I called the main number when I received the card to request a CLI. After being transferred to an analyst, another credit bureau report was pulled and my request was declined. In August, after reading on these forums about Citi doing CLI by SP through the website, I submitted my first online CLI request. I received an instant denial citing too many recently opened accounts.

I submitted an additional twenty-three (23) SP CLI requests between 8/26/14 and 10/17/14. All requests were denied with the same reason given. Tonight, I logged into my account as usual and submitted my 25th CLI request. To my surprise, I received an immediate SP CLI of $1,200 bringing my credit line to $3,200. Using this opportunity, I submitted an online HP CLI request for $10,000. I was informed my request would be reviewed by an analyst and I would receive a response in 24 hours. Less than one hour later, I received an e-mail stating my request was approved for the full $10,000. I guess persistence does eventually pay off. I intend to PC to the Double Cash when my card reaches the one year anniversary.

2. I applied for the Bank of America Better Balance Rewards MC on 9/30/14. I received the 7-10 day message. I checked my BofA account the next day and noticed I was approved for $6,500 [HP - Experian 712]. I immediately requested an increase to $12,000 using the online CLI button. Again, I received the 7-10 day message. On 10/2/14, I checked my BofA account and noticed I was approved for the full $12,000 [HP - Transunion 751]. I called and spoke with an extremely friendly analyst to see if I could push another CLI using the same HP. The analyst reviewed my credit report and denied my request stating BofA wanted to see how I will use the current limit given. I completely understood. I intend to use this card for a balance transfer.

Have a great night!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA BBR - Approval & CLI // Citi TYP - CLI

Congrats!!!

Message 2 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 10
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 10
tmoney
Regular Contributor

How did you manage to request CLi by soft pulls 23x  It always says you understand we will obtain a credit report when I try

@uswala wrote:

Congrats!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tmoney wrote:

How did you manage to request CLi by soft pulls 23x  It always says you understand we will obtain a credit report when I try

@uswala wrote:

Congrats!

To everyone:

Thank you for the congratulations.

To tmoney:

Every day since my credit card was been opened, the wording of my "Request an Credit Line Increase" page has read: "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision."

I submitted a new request as soon as I received the denial letter from the previous request in my "View E-Communications" mailbox. At first, I was just curious. Then, I started to wonder how many requests I would have to submit before being approved. I was not granted an increase until my 25th attempt.

The wording of my "Request an Credit Line Increase" page now reads: "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. By clicking 'Continue' you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours."

I am content with the new limit.

Message 6 of 10
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the garden! ;]

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 7 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 10
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the increase and approval.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 9 of 10
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your approval and your CLI!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.