abundancejones
Regular Contributor

Re: LARGE App Spree...

What card did you get from Cap1?

Message 12 of 17
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the new lines and the 20k capone limit!
06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 13 of 17
TheFate
Established Contributor

Im more interested in what you do for a living lol

I've never heard of Cap 1 granting 20k off the bat either so a huge congrats on that!!

Message 14 of 17
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

So... would still like some input from the experts here....how did I get approved for all these cards with my bk still on my reports..especially the 20k with Cap One...any thoughts...do you think it was my low utilization and the 20k limit I have with penfed that swayed them or do you think it was my inncome with my low utilization?  

Thoughts ?

Congrats!! BK is a major deragatory, but other thing$ can and do overcome it. An individual like yourself: established out of BK, high income, high credit use is a much better credit risk than a 720+ FICO with a limited history.

Message 15 of 17
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 16 of 17
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Eagle thank you for the feedback.  I do finances in the entertainment world.  I had four capital one accounts I had paid off with low limits (1800 max) and closed in the last few years.  Not sure if they had made a difference.  I also had a few capital one accounts I had included in my bk

Also on the application screen it asked how much $$ I would be spending on the card monthly and I put that in...not sure if that had anything to do with the limit they gave me.

Oh I got the blue Venture card

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.