Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 to 14 day message AAA Visa Signature

tag
OneGun
Established Member

10 to 14 day message AAA Visa Signature

Is this a denial? I have the Comenity Petco Mastercard with them. They pulled EQ which is at 714 Fico 8 right now. I have low income from SSDI of 28k. I have over 35k in credit now with 22% UTL. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Re: 10 to 14 day message AAA Visa Signature

Could be verification but in my case with this card it's been a denial for too many inquiries....29 in 2 years but a bunch were from car loan shopping but they are still inquiries. They pull EQ for me.

Message 2 of 14
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Having an existing TCL of $35K when income is $28K isn't a dealbreaker but having roughly $7700 ($35K x 22%) of unsecured debt might be an issue for them.

As mentioned above it could be a denial or it could also be that the application was flagged for verification that it really was you who applied.  Either way you'll get a letter, and if for verification it will outline what they need you to do - typically something along the lines of calling the number given in the letter to speak to a live agent who will ask you a couple of questions and/or have you give the code included in the letter, and when successfully validated an approval would be processed.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 14
Tcal
Regular Contributor

When I applied for mine, I got the 10-14 day message for what was ultimately identity verification

Message 4 of 14
OneGun
Established Member

I was recently denied a 6k CLI from AMEX due to insufficient income. I'm at 9k and asked for 15k on my BCP. I also have a Hilton with 1k and a Gold with NPSL and 10k POT. So I know my income is starting to become a factor 

Message 5 of 14
OneGun
Established Member

I was denied for to many recent inquiries.  I only have 1 inquiry from June 2022 besides this one 

Message 6 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@OneGun wrote:

I was denied for to many recent inquiries.  I only have 1 inquiry from June 2022 besides this one 

likely not the real reason.  Thank you for the update though.  Likely income as mentioned and what you currently owe as well.  Was that the only reason given?

Message 7 of 14
OneGun
Established Member

I didn't even read the very bottom lol. 

Lack of first mortgage account information 

Lack of installment account information 

Not enough available credit on revolving accounts 

To high proportion of accounts recently opened

EQ Fico was 713 at the time they pulled it 

Message 8 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yep appears likely these two are more the cause?

Not enough available credit on revolving accounts 

To high proportion of accounts recently opened

Message 9 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@OneGun wrote:

Sorry.

BTW I don't think that was their real reason. I got one last year and I always have a lot of recent inquiries.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.