Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Blue for Business, Apply or Not?

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

AmEx Blue for Business, Apply or Not?

I prefer to get the Chase Ink, but I'm limited by 5/24. So the next options are AmEx SimplyCash and Blue for Business. I won't have a lot of spending. The AmEx Blue would be for its easy 10,000 bonus MR points and AmEx OPEN discounts. The SmiplyCash would be for its 5% (3%) etc. It is very similar to Chase Ink. I do miss the CSR 1.5x for the Ink card.

The only business CC I have is the Citi Costco Busines, 4 gas/ 3 dineout/ 2 Costco. Still very good. But it overlaps with the Costco personal.

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx Blue for Business, Apply or Not?

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I prefer to get the Chase Ink, but I'm limited by 5/24. So the next options are AmEx SimplyCash and Blue for Business. I won't have a lot of spending. The AmEx Blue would be for its easy 10,000 bonus MR points and AmEx OPEN discounts. The SmiplyCash would be for its 5% (3%) etc. It is very similar to Chase Ink. I do miss the CSR 1.5x for the Ink card.

The only business CC I have is the Citi Costco Busines, 4 gas/ 3 dineout/ 2 Costco. Still very good. But it overlaps with the Costco personal.

Any thoughts?

It's a decent card if you have an MR pool. I am going to grab this to use instead of my SimplyCash Plus until I am under 5/24 and can get an Ink card with Chase.

Message 2 of 4
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

The good thing for this card is that I do not have to work on the initial spending. I have already run through $14,000 over the past two months. I have $3,000 for the Fairmont card. And those AmEx bonus card won't go away. Low bonus little cards.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

The good thing for this card is that I do not have to work on the initial spending. I have already run through $14,000 over the past two months. I have $3,000 for the Fairmont card. And those AmEx bonus card won't go away. Low bonus little cards.

Yeah the Blue for Business bonus is not big, but only requires a single purchase (with no minimum). 

Good timing because I still need to spend another ~ $2500 in the next 2.5 months for SPG Business.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.