cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express True Earnings and Blue Everyday CLI Increases! I can't understand them.

tag
apacislvallejo
New Contributor

American Express True Earnings and Blue Everyday CLI Increases! I can't understand them.

I've had an AMEX True Earnings card, as well as a Blue Everyday card now for one year and one month.  I got them both last year on a credit app spree and was awarded a $1200 CL for True Earnings; and $1000 CL on Blue Everyday.  Since then, I've throughout the year, tried to get CLI's on both cards following the 3x CLI procedure outlined very thoroughly on the board; but keep getting declined because of High Inquiries, which is true; when I got the Amex cards last year, my credit score was in the high 600's; and I only had just these two cards. 

Since then my credit score has gone up to 760-770's and I've gotten two Citibank cards, three Chase Cards, a Barclay Card, all with limits that are past the $5k-$12k limits; and I even have an AMEX PRG card that will allow me to spend up to $30K.  We use True Earning a lot because of our Costco runs, but the limit for that card is still $1200. 

This past Xmas, I got declined again for [high inquiries] on the CLI request for both AMEX cards, and just as a test I decided to app for the new AMEX Everyday card, thinking that if the inquiries are still high, they won't grant me a new Amex card.  But not only did I get the new AMEX Everyday card, they awarded me with a $9400 CL.  

Am puzzled at why they won't up the CL on the True Earnings Card; they won't up the Blue Everyday because they say that I've been declined on another Amex CLI.  Do they do recons on CLI's?  I'm puzzled why they won't up my CL on True Earnings or Blue Everyday, but grant me a new card with a CL of $9400 ....  and I was only asking to be upped to $5K on the TE card.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all.

FICO8 Updated: 3/11/2016
Eq: 803, Ex: 774, TU: 797
FICO9 Updated: 2/15/2016
Eq: 814; Ex: 793; Tu: 809 ----- TOTAL CL: $204,500
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Re: American Express True Earnings and Blue Everyday CLI Increases! I can't understand them.

That does seem pretty wacky!

However, requesting $5K limit on TE is >3X CLI, $3.6K, maybe that's an issue?

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 2 of 13
upnorth
New Contributor

Re: American Express True Earnings and Blue Everyday CLI Increases! I can't understand them.

@apacislvallejo wrote:

I've had an AMEX True Earnings card, as well as a Blue Everyday card now for one year and one month.  I got them both last year on a credit app spree and was awarded a $1200 CL for True Earnings; and $1000 CL on Blue Everyday.  Since then, I've throughout the year, tried to get CLI's on both cards following the 3x CLI procedure outlined very thoroughly on the board; but keep getting declined because of High Inquiries, which is true; when I got the Amex cards last year, my credit score was in the high 600's; and I only had just these two cards. 

Since then my credit score has gone up to 760-770's and I've gotten two Citibank cards, three Chase Cards, a Barclay Card, all with limits that are past the $5k-$12k limits; and I even have an AMEX PRG card that will allow me to spend up to $30K.  We use True Earning a lot because of our Costco runs, but the limit for that card is still $1200. 

This past Xmas, I got declined again for [high inquiries] on the CLI request for both AMEX cards, and just as a test I decided to app for the new AMEX Everyday card, thinking that if the inquiries are still high, they won't grant me a new Amex card.  But not only did I get the new AMEX Everyday card, they awarded me with a $9400 CL.  

Am puzzled at why they won't up the CL on the True Earnings Card; they won't up the Blue Everyday because they say that I've been declined on another Amex CLI.  Do they do recons on CLI's?  I'm puzzled why they won't up my CL on True Earnings or Blue Everyday, but grant me a new card with a CL of $9400 ....  and I was only asking to be upped to $5K on the TE card.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all.

It seems like two different departments working independently. New businesdepartment is the new year mood. Why don't you call a month or two later and ask for some CO to be moved from the new Amex to the True earnings card?

UNFCU Visa Azure $45k, Sams Master Card $35k, Amex Costco $25k, Fidelity Visa $25k, Chase Freedom $18k, Cap 1 Mastercard $12.5k, Kohls $1.5k, Cancelled on my own BA $25 (it was Schwab card earlier) and Chase Saffire $22k. Also have 2 business cards with Chase and 1 Amex Open. AU Target $2500.
Scores: 11/14 EX 801; 11/14 TU FICO 805; 11/14 Van 823
Message 3 of 13
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

That does seem odd, but congrats on the approval and CL.

Message 4 of 13
seflowers
Contributor

I could not get an increase on my Delta Gold card, but I got approved for True Earnings at a higher CL one month after asking for my 61 day cli with Delta. My Delta card has 1000 CL and Costco got approved at 4500, will be interesting to see if I can get my 3x at the 61 day mark for Costco

NFCU Cash Rewards 14,000 || NASA FCU 20,000 || Discover It 6000 || Amex Costco TE 4500 ||. Cap One QS 3000 || Sears 3000 || USAA Platinum Visa 2500 || HSN 3050 || Chase Slate 3500 || BarclayRewards MC 3300 || Barclay Apple 1300 || Home Depot 4900 || GE Havertys 1500 || J Crew 5400 || Amex Delta Gold 1000 || Loft 1710 || nordstrom 1500 ||. Macys 1500 || VS 2230 || Target 900 || Amazon 1300 || Belk 750
Gardening since 12-11-14 at least 1 year
Message 5 of 13
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@seflowers wrote:

I could not get an increase on my Delta Gold card, but I got approved for True Earnings at a higher CL one month after asking for my 61 day cli with Delta. My Delta card has 1000 CL and Costco got approved at 4500, will be interesting to see if I can get my 3x at the 61 day mark for Costco

Huh?
Was the TE a new app or a CLI?

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 6 of 13
uswala
Senior Contributor

Double congrats!

Message 7 of 13
seflowers
Contributor

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

@seflowers wrote:

Huh?
Was the TE a new app or a CLI?

TE was a new app

NFCU Cash Rewards 14,000 || NASA FCU 20,000 || Discover It 6000 || Amex Costco TE 4500 ||. Cap One QS 3000 || Sears 3000 || USAA Platinum Visa 2500 || HSN 3050 || Chase Slate 3500 || BarclayRewards MC 3300 || Barclay Apple 1300 || Home Depot 4900 || GE Havertys 1500 || J Crew 5400 || Amex Delta Gold 1000 || Loft 1710 || nordstrom 1500 ||. Macys 1500 || VS 2230 || Target 900 || Amazon 1300 || Belk 750
Gardening since 12-11-14 at least 1 year
Message 8 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new AMEX, cant help you with your questions dont do business with this organization Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
MT936
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.