cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application LOCKED for even Credit Analyst?

tag
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

Application LOCKED for even Credit Analyst?

I applied for a Verizon VISA and got the 7~10 day notice. Upon calling the backdoor number ending in 8173, I was transferred to a credit analyst who could NOT access my application because she told me it was locked even for her.  She did not know why.

I took care to unfreeze all my major 3 CRAs and waited until I got e-mail confirmation from them before applying.  Could it still be due to an active fraud alert on my Experian, or are the CRAs thay slow that just maybe my reports were still frozen when I applied?

Also, what is the fastest way that many people seem to be doing, to check for new inquiries as they show up instead of waiting for a month or so?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Application LOCKED for even Credit Analyst?

@Absolution16 wrote:

I applied for a Verizon VISA and got the 7~10 day notice. Upon calling the backdoor number ending in 8173, I was transferred to a credit analyst who could NOT access my application because she told me it was locked even for her.  She did not know why.

I took care to unfreeze all my major 3 CRAs and waited until I got e-mail confirmation from them before applying.  Could it still be due to an active fraud alert on my Experian, or are the CRAs thay slow that just maybe my reports were still frozen when I applied?

Also, what is the fastest way that many people seem to be doing, to check for new inquiries as they show up instead of waiting for a month or so?

I'm not sure about how fast reports unthaw and that question. But, Experian website/app even with free version will let you know immediately if a hard pull was done. Same with MyFICO (I'm pretty sure). Credit Karma is also useful for TU and EQ updates such as hard pull notifications and updates daily, just not their scores. 

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $4800 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $4200 | Discover it $3000
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of March 2024: EX 661, TU 624, EQ 655
Goal Score: 700+, working on paying high utl cc debt

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.