Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AU

tag
Kw76
Valued Member

Chase AU

I’m a chase sapphire (plain version) authorized user on a account , am I eligible to get my own sapphire card while still being a AU? Or do I need to get off that account . I’ve been on the account for 7 years . I want to apply for CSR soon.

Thanks for the help !!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase AU

@Kw76 wrote:
I’m a chase sapphire (plain version) authorized user on a account , am I eligible to get my own sapphire card while still being a AU? Or do I need to get off that account . I’ve been on the account for 7 years . I want to apply for CSR soon.

Thanks for the help !!

You can apply for CSR of your own while you're AU on a different Sapphire card . 

Message 2 of 7
Kw76
Valued Member

Reason I ask , is that I’m getting conflicting information online . Was curious if anyone had a recent experience with applying while a AU.

Thanks for the reply’s
Message 3 of 7
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I don't think I've heard of a card that precludes you from having your own account, just because you are an AU on the same card.

Message 4 of 7
Kw76
Valued Member

Wasn’t sure if chase’s rule applied for already having a sapphire product when applying for csr. Even tho it’s a AU account . Just trying to prevent road blocks .
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kw76 wrote:

Thanks for the help !!

Chase does allow you to have your own Sapphire Reserve/Preferred even if you are an AU. My DW was a AU on my CSP and she was approved for her own CSP this month with a 9K SL. 

She did apply through the "my offers" tab...not sure if that helps but it wasnt a cold app.

Message 6 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Kw76 wrote:
Wasn’t sure if chase’s rule applied for already having a sapphire product when applying for csr. Even tho it’s a AU account . Just trying to prevent road blocks .

The only roadblock to getting your own CSR would be if your stats/credit profile don’t support an approval, if you have no CLs already exceeding $5K, and/or if you're already at 5/24. If these 3 things are not a problem, I recommend first seeing if you are preapproved for a CSR. If yes, apply. If no offers pop up, go to a branch and see if there are any preapprovals. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.