Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Visa Application

tag
jl4
Established Contributor

Citi Costco Visa Application

I had a moment of weakness. I walked out of the garden to apply for the Citi Costco Visa, cold app. Was given the 7-10 message. Called and they said there's nothing they need so now I wait.

I fear I may have been a bit trigger happy. Only time will tell, now.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Visa Application

Wishing you success!  I might try a Citi secured card if either of my other secured cards ever graduate!  I know it would be no soup for me if I try a cold app on their regular cards. 

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@outofcreditwrote:

Wishing you success!  I might try a Citi secured card if either of my other secured cards ever graduate!  I know it would be no soup for me if I try a cold app on their regular cards. 

I noticed that you have the Paypal Mastercard and Paypal Credit in your signature, I didn't think you could have both?

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish you luck! I want to know some data points on the Citi Costco’s for approval. Love the cash back and extra benefits. Citi I imagine tough credit standards, but not as tough as Amex
Message 4 of 16
jl4
Established Contributor

My Diamond Preferred is at 33% (1000/3000) and just as well it looks like a couple accounts I was expecting to report recently have not so my util is average 18% where it should be about 8%.

My latest Experian FICO is 679 with 6 INQ before this one. No account above 33% used.
Message 5 of 16
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

You have to be right there requirements wise, I had a 682, similar inquiries, 30% total utilization and two cards at 70%. They're probably just double checking something. Plus with chase, discover, citi and amex you should be good. 

PS: I think credit.com gives a free vantage score for experian if you're curious. Saw you tracked them in your sig. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 6 of 16
jl4
Established Contributor

I forgot to mention my chase and Amex cards are recent, like last week, so I can see them saying “no” based on recent inquiries/apps.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the card I would like most so I'm courious what your results are.  Please keep us informed. 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wishing you luck, the citi Costco was THE card I was lusting after most throughout my rebuild, as we're there at least once a week and it's a great combo card. Once I had crossed a threshold where I felt good enough about my chances I went for it and was approved with $5.5k!

Some data points. Without digging up my old approval post, I can tell you they double pulled me on TU/EQ - scores in the 650-680 range at the time, aaoa ~5 years, no inq, less than 5% utl and 3 recently paid & closed medical collections. Hope the odds go in your favor, I know for me at least picking up this card was a huge milestone and source of pride in myself. Keep us posted
Message 9 of 16
jl4
Established Contributor

I was going through old emails and the last time I applied for it ( sometime at the end of 2016 ) the only thing that held me back what my high DP balance (something like 98%), so here’s to there being no new reasons!!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.