@Laddi wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Laddi wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Laddi wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Laddi wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Has anyone ever been able to get approved for this card with more than 6 inquiries made in the last six months? I'm still waiting for some of mine to age and then I'll be ready to go in early December with around 4-5 in the last six months. I just don't wanna get auto denied by the system again. I've only had one new inquiry on my EX file since getting denied for the Double Cash in early September.

I had 20 recent inquires within last 6 months when I applied. I was instantly approved online with a credit limit of $1,200. After talking to a credit analyst it was increased to $18,000.

Wow really? I've read on sites like Flyertalk that their maximum is 6 inquiries in the last six months but yet again, I know someone that got the Best Buy card with no problem despite having a lot of inquiries. Maybe this all depends on thickness of one's credit file.

It is my first time getting a Citi card. I been applying since last 10 years never got approved. They always kept telling me too many inquires lol. Finally out of no where I got an instant approval.

I see. I'm just afraid to try to put up with their system again and end up with another denial if I wait too soon.

How many recent inquires do you have?

8 in the last six months, but after December 4th, it will be 5 in the last six months. After December 18th, 4 in the last six months.

Let me give you more details. I had 20 in last 6 months but 0 in last 3 months when I applied. I don't know if that 3 month period helped me or not.

In that case, I've had 2 inquiries in the last 3 months counting my last Citi app.

I would say wait till you have 0 in last 3 months before you apply.

Alright. Thanks for the advice there. Looking at my old credit report, when I got my first Citi card, I had 0 inquiries in the last three months there, so it's making sense.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash Application Inquiries Question

Message 13 of 22
taxi818
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@Laddi wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Has anyone ever been able to get approved for this card with more than 6 inquiries made in the last six months? I'm still waiting for some of mine to age and then I'll be ready to go in early December with around 4-5 in the last six months. I just don't wanna get auto denied by the system again. I've only had one new inquiry on my EX file since getting denied for the Double Cash in early September.

I had 20 recent inquires within last 6 months when I applied. I was instantly approved online with a credit limit of $1,200. After talking to a credit analyst it was increased to $18,000.

Wow really? I've read on sites like Flyertalk that their maximum is 6 inquiries in the last six months but yet again, I know someone that got the Best Buy card with no problem despite having a lot of inquiries. Maybe this all depends on thickness of one's credit file.

The last citi card I apped. They did double pull. I'm sure it does not matter which citi card. Eq and ex. But I don't think the inquiries makes auto denial. But ymmv. 

Message 14 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Laddi wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Laddi wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Laddi wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Laddi wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Laddi wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Laddi wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

It is my first time getting a Citi card. I been applying since last 10 years never got approved. They always kept telling me too many inquires lol. Finally out of no where I got an instant approval.

I see. I'm just afraid to try to put up with their system again and end up with another denial if I wait too soon.

How many recent inquires do you have?

8 in the last six months, but after December 4th, it will be 5 in the last six months. After December 18th, 4 in the last six months.

Let me give you more details. I had 20 in last 6 months but 0 in last 3 months when I applied. I don't know if that 3 month period helped me or not.

In that case, I've had 2 inquiries in the last 3 months counting my last Citi app.

I would say wait till you have 0 in last 3 months before you apply.

Alright. Thanks for the advice there. Looking at my old credit report, when I got my first Citi card, I had 0 inquiries in the last three months there, so it's making sense.

Yes, also by then your last 6 months inquires will go under 6 as well.

Based on what I'm seeing on my CR, January 8th will probably be the best time for me to apply for the card. I'll probably app for the BCE that day too for backdating purposes.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 15 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Laddi wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

The lady citi card I apped. They did double pull. I'm sure it does not matter which citi card. Eq and ex. But I don't think the inquiries makes auto denial. But ymmv. 

Here where I live, they've always have done HPs on EX only. I've read a lot about how sensitive their system is to INQs and how a lot of people have gotten denied by it just for having 7 inquiries in the last 6 months and stuff like that and I've read on Credit Pulls of people who have had newer accounts still be able to get Citi cards.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 17 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I wonder what cards are convertible to the Citi DC that people have been able to get? Are the UW standards of all their cards the same?

Message 18 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Laddi,  did you have 20 inq on the same CR or across all 3?

Popamode, I would try to adhere to what the FT Wiki states - it has never done me wrong.  I'm sure there's exceptions, but it is good info to follow for Citi apps.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.