cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have CS of 691 via Discover SC, Preapproved for CSP....should I go ahead?

tag
kingkai1990
Contributor

Have CS of 691 via Discover SC, Preapproved for CSP....should I go ahead?

Hi! So I paid a massive amount of credit card debt ($5200 to be exact). Brought my score from 620 to 691 (according to Discover's free credit score card). Currently have a 7% Util rate. I'm Pre-Qual for a CSP preffered and haven't applied for any credit since 2014. You think my chances are good? I have one open collection and one closed (still fighting these).   

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Have CS of 691 via Discover SC, Preapproved for CSP....should I go ahead?

People with Chase can give better advice but i understand Chase prequals can be solid though, things can change. Great job on lowering your debtSmiley Happy. I think as long as the collection isnt from Chase your chance is probably good.Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Re: Have CS of 691 via Discover SC, Preapproved for CSP....should I go ahead?

What Joe said! If it's a preapproval with a set APR then I would say your chances are good. That open collection could be an issue but if they prequalified you with that then you might be good to go. Of course there are no certainties but generally their prequals are on point. 

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.