Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KOHL'S CLI DENIED - Recent Opening!

tag
Kixforpa
Contributor

KOHL'S CLI DENIED - Recent Opening!

Hello Fico World! Just want to give some updated information based on my recent CLI request. I hit the LUV Button after 91 days of having the account opened and recieved dunning message of 7-10 days. I recieved the letter today and it states the following:

We are unable to grant a Credit Line Increase at this time because this account has not been opened for at least 6 months.

So with that being said, based on my letter it seems that the earliest the 1st increase is at 6 months, then every 91 days. I will patiently mark my calendar for June 22nd, 2021 and see what happenes there.

~Rebuilding Our Lives~
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Re: KOHL'S CLI DENIED - Recent Opening!

I had the Kohls card for many years and it never went above 300 bucks.

My ex -- who makes 250K, has a fico in the mid 700s and has had the credit card since the Bush administration is still sitting at 300 bucks.  Granted, I don't know that he has ever tried to get a CLI but still, you would have thought they would have at least given him a few auto CLIs in the 1.5 decade since he has opened the card!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@designated_knitter wrote:

I had the Kohls card for many years and it never went above 300 bucks.

My ex -- who makes 250K, has a fico in the mid 700s and has had the credit card since the Bush administration is still sitting at 300 bucks.  Granted, I don't know that he has ever tried to get a CLI but still, you would have thought they would have at least given him a few auto CLIs in the 1.5 decade since he has opened the card!

Maybe in years past but they're owned by CapOne as of a few years ago, and I'm sure you know what it's like to expect proactive increases from them...

Askjng for a bump is a SP so there's nothing to lose by trying. Use it, pay it, and ask away.

Message 3 of 8
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Actually, asking for a CLI at Kohl's is a hard pull to Experian! 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

None of mine were...

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TattnallTrio wrote:

Actually, asking for a CLI at Kohl's is a hard pull to Experian! 

I started at $300 and am now at $1500. I've never had a hard pull for a CLI, through any bureau. 🤷‍♀️

Message 6 of 8
newfossil
Valued Contributor

I started at $300 limit. SP to $750

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 7 of 8
Kixforpa
Contributor

No HP on any of the 3 reports for the decline.
~Rebuilding Our Lives~
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.