cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Autograph Journey: Did I get Overconfident?

tag
FrankenBeans
Established Member

Re: Wells Fargo Autograph Journey: Did I get Overconfident?

@NoHardLimits wrote:

@PaultheSheik wrote:

@FrankenBeans  thanks for the Reddit headsup about the 5/24

Experian

5/6 for Inquiries

7/12 for Inquiries

3/6 for New Accounts

3/12 for New Accounts

There are a couple of new accounts on Experian which did not show up in Inquiries e.g. my US Bank card opened on 9/21/24 does not show on Experian inquiries.

I plan to apply for Autograph Journey myself, but I am waiting until I reach 0/12.

Just for a DP, I got approved for the regular Autograph at 0/6, 1/12, 4/24. Maybe they're not being too tight on the Journey with a low x/12?

Message 11 of 16
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@FrankenBeans wrote:

@NoHardLimits wrote:

@PaultheSheik wrote:

@FrankenBeans  thanks for the Reddit headsup about the 5/24

Experian

5/6 for Inquiries

7/12 for Inquiries

3/6 for New Accounts

3/12 for New Accounts

There are a couple of new accounts on Experian which did not show up in Inquiries e.g. my US Bank card opened on 9/21/24 does not show on Experian inquiries.

I plan to apply for Autograph Journey myself, but I am waiting until I reach 0/12.

Just for a DP, I got approved for the regular Autograph at 0/6, 1/12, 4/24. Maybe they're not being too tight on the Journey with a low x/12?

1/12 seems like it isn't too risky, but I'm only a few weeks away from 0/12.  I'm willing to wait those few weeks to increase my chances for an approval.

April 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 12 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 12 of 16
Traveler101
Established Contributor

3 out of my last 4 apps got what seemed to be an instant denial. When I received the letter, it was purely for verification issues and to make sure I did apply. With so much fraud, banks, credit unions and businesses as well, are being highly cautious. Though the 3/6 is high, hopefully its just identity.

Message 13 of 16
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Wow.  830+ Not approved?  Crazy!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 14 of 16
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Here's another recent thread about getting declined by WF with an 829 FICO score:

Wells-Fargo-Autograph-Card-DECLINED 

There have also been recent threads about other issuers declining posters with scores well into the 800s. Chase did it to me a couple of years ago when my score was 820, but did relent on recon.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 15 of 16
PaultheSheik
Established Member

I called reconsideration this morning and found out Wells Fargo doesnt actually have a reconsideration line. You speak to reps who will pass on your request to the review team.

That means I couldnt sweet talk the person directly. An hour after my call, I got another email confirming that I had been smacked down again. They used EQUIFAX which I confirmed is 836 today and which currently has four inquiries in the last 2 years (their hard pull on Saturday was the 4th, meaning it was 3 when they pulled).

Unbelievable. Well, it is what it is!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.