Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What'd ya get in the mail today?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What'd ya get in the mail today?

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover and now CapOne keep sending apps for my 21 year old son. That's the last thing he needs is a CC with the irresponsible way he handles his paychecks now as it is. Guess who'd be paying the CC back for him....yup his Mom and I. He rarely goes to the mailbox so he never sees them Smiley Happy

I think they need to find out on their own.  My daughter is older, is in the reserves as well as just now getting hired to become a police woman, and can't manage money to save her soul!  We decided to just sit back and let her go until she gets that "light bulb" moment!  Smiley Wink

Message 2121 of 2,756
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my Citi Prestige denial letter and my Priority Pass card...from my Prestige card Smiley LOL. I guess even though my application was reconsidered and approved, they had already put the denied letter in the mail.

Now that is weird!  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Message 2122 of 2,756
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Lowes and BCE cards came today. Haven't even activated them yet. Still waiting for Discover it, and the Freedom.

Message 2123 of 2,756
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover and now CapOne keep sending apps for my 21 year old son. That's the last thing he needs is a CC with the irresponsible way he handles his paychecks now as it is. Guess who'd be paying the CC back for him....yup his Mom and I. He rarely goes to the mailbox so he never sees them Smiley Happy

I think they need to find out on their own.  My daughter is older, is in the reserves as well as just now getting hired to become a police woman, and can't manage money to save her soul!  We decided to just sit back and let her go until she gets that "light bulb" moment!  Smiley Wink

Our son has no idea or care in the world about money and finances. He lives at home and works at Sketchers. That's hard enough of a life for him. Yesterday was paycheck day for him and he wanted to borrow $2.50 from me so he could get a gallon of gas. I gave him a $10 which was all I had since I don't carry much cash, and he promised he would give it back to me once he got his check. Well, that was Friday and I'm still waiting.

I think the girls learn quicker than boys. My daughter is 28 and married and we always compete to see who's got the better PSECU credit score each month - and she always wins. And, congratulations on your daughter in the Reserves! Tell her thank you for her service. And, my daughter is married to a cop. I think yours will be just fine.

Message 2124 of 2,756
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Saw a Citi envelope sitting the the mailbox today and I fully expected it to be my Thank You Premier..NOPE! Just an approval letter and card agreement Smiley Sad

So I'm still waiting, impatiently, for my Hyatt, It & TYP! :'( 

Message 2125 of 2,756
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Santi78342 wrote:

Saw a Citi envelope sitting the the mailbox today and I fully expected it to be my Thank You Premier..NOPE! Just an approval letter and card agreement Smiley Sad

So I'm still waiting, impatiently, for my Hyatt, It & TYP! :'( 

Still waiting for my Barclay Ring :/

Message 2126 of 2,756
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Still no venture. Smiley Sad But I did get my mom's AU card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2127 of 2,756
Santi78342
Established Contributor

I hate the waiting game! They should at least give you all relevant info to add it to Apple pay or use the card online until you get the physical one. That would be sweet!

I was hoping to get my Discover It so I could run to Home Depot to get a new storm/screen door but I guess that project isn't happening until next week! 

Message 2128 of 2,756
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Santi78342 wrote:

I hate the waiting game! They should at least give you all relevant info to add it to Apple pay or use the card online until you get the physical one. That would be sweet!

I was hoping to get my Discover It so I could run to Home Depot to get a new storm/screen door but I guess that project isn't happening until next week! 

Pretty sure Amex asked me if i wanted the card number right after I was approved.

Message 2129 of 2,756
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

I collected my mail earlier today after letting it pile up for a while.  The highlight of the pile was the following:

A pre-selection letter for the Citi Double Cash card

Apply by 09/15/2015 and enjoy:

0% Intro APR for 18 months on balance transfers and purchases.

12.99% variable APR thereafter.

This is slightly better than the previous offer they sent me (15.99% for 15 months).  I think this is a pretty decent offer and I'll have to give it some thought.

Oh, I also received the following letter from Discover, back from June 25th, regarding a 16 day CLI attempt (which wasn't a surprise at all. Lol):

Insufficient experience with current limit on Discover card

Message 2130 of 2,756
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.