Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Merrill Lynch Merrill + Visa Signature Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Merrill Lynch Merrill + Visa Signature Card

Congrats! It's one card I really want! Maybe will try one day!
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who did they pull? TU?

Message 12 of 19
ray8806
Regular Contributor

It's a beautiful card, it's the same one as on the website card.ml.com it's black but fades into dark blue. Gorgeous.

The card comes in a regular enveloped nothing fancy per say. Then a week later a simple rewards guide comes in the mail. It's a great card, but it seems like the nicer benefits (lounge access, rental upgrades, etc.) don't come into play until you spend $50,000 on the card.

And yes, you can apply in-branch or over the phone. Just call BoA and tell them that you'd like to apply for the Merrill+ card. They'll transfer you to Merill Lynch for the process. Simpl, easy, and VERY friendly.
EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 13 of 19
applepie

How mauch in assets do you have with ML?  I have $260k with them in a money market and another $250 at B of A.... just got approved for the alaska airline Visa signature and the B of A travel rewards... both at $5k..... my credit is still a bit bad fromt the last economic mess but I have turned a lot fo it around... I was going to wait for ML to ask me if I wanted it..........

Message 14 of 19
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

@applepie wrote:

How mauch in assets do you have with ML?  I have $260k with them in a money market and another $250 at B of A.... just got approved for the alaska airline Visa signature and the B of A travel rewards... both at $5k..... my credit is still a bit bad fromt the last economic mess but I have turned a lot fo it around... I was going to wait for ML to ask me if I wanted it..........

I have less than $2,000 with them. I opened an account and initially wanted to move more money into it, but in the end, decided not to. Might just let it sit there and focus on other accounts for awhile.

Message 15 of 19
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations and cool card. one of the ones on my short list I might still like to have with those interesting benefits. Do you or anyone else know the differences in benefits between this and the BOA Privleges card?

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 16 of 19
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

@signaturecardmember wrote:

Congratulations and cool card. one of the ones on my short list I might still like to have with those interesting benefits. Do you or anyone else know the differences in benefits between this and the BOA Privleges card?

This card seems to have more benefits, especially no foreign transaction fee while the Privileges card has (or had) one. They're both visa signatures, so you get the standard benefits from that. You get even more benefits if you spend $50,000 or more per year. From what I have heard, BoA no longer offers the Privileges  card and will convert those existing ones to BoA Cash Rewards card. Can anyone confirm this?

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 18 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TitaniumCash wrote:

@signaturecardmember wrote:

This card seems to have more benefits, especially no foreign transaction fee while the Privileges card has (or had) one. They're both visa signatures, so you get the standard benefits from that. You get even more benefits if you spend $50,000 or more per year. From what I have heard, BoA no longer offers the Privileges  card and will convert those existing ones to BoA Cash Rewards card. Can anyone confirm this?

Correct, the Privileges Cash Rewards is no longer offered.  Mine is still active but once they decide to convert it to the standard Cash Rewards (not sure on the timeline) I'll just reallocate the CL to Merrill+.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.