Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Chase Freedom Has come into my Life ~_^

tag
omgitsphilly
New Contributor

Finally Chase Freedom Has come into my Life ~_^

lol like the Rock anyhow.

So i have been gardening for 6 months with my 2 secure Cap 1 cards with 250 Credit Limit. Today i drive up to my bank " Chase " taking out 1,000 dollars i owe my monthly rent. I was just minding my own business when the teller tells me if i wanted to step inside.... i had a Pre Approved C.C offer . I was a little busy so i said No Thank You " mean while inside me im dying to see if i can get approved " Well i have  a cousin that works at Chase at one of my local banks. I instantly call him and ask him if this is true. He says yes..... so i ask whats the approve percentage in this " i had in mind that i did not want to ruin my building credit i have atm " So he tells me about 98%...... I am blushing like i lterally passed this approval already. I told him naw ill call you back in 20 minutes let me think it clearly " simply because again dont want to ruin my credit i have worked hard to rack up " Well i decide to go for it in less than 2 minutes Instant Approval..... WOW i screamed like a cheerleader " in my mind of course " I was red tho haha dont know why. I was approved for 1k C.C Limit. I could have been approved for 250 for all i care. Its my very first unsecure card that i will admire and take care of like my own child.

This was the card i was gardening for Smiley Happy now its back to the garden. For those wondering what my current scores are... here goes

TU : 722

Exp : 691

Eq : 661

2 bad accounts that are currently being disputed.... Fully paid for since 2008 Tu and exp have removed both just EQ still has them on file. I hope that they will remove them soon.

Thanks guys. I read these forums daily and you all have helped me a great deal.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Finally Chase Freedom Has come into my Life ~_^

Congrats, that's awesome. I was pre approved today for my banks card but I said no thanks because I'm trying to up my score Smiley Happy
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 2 of 11
omgitsphilly
New Contributor

i was also trying to UP my score, but this was so tempting couldnt resist it.

Message 3 of 11
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Congrats, Chase is awesome to work with!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats on the approval!

Message 5 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@omgitsphilly wrote:

lol like the Rock anyhow.

So i have been gardening for 6 months with my 2 secure Cap 1 cards with 250 Credit Limit. Today i drive up to my bank " Chase " taking out 1,000 dollars i owe my monthly rent. I was just minding my own business when the teller tells me if i wanted to step inside.... i had a Pre Approved C.C offer . I was a little busy so i said No Thank You " mean while inside me im dying to see if i can get approved " Well i have  a cousin that works at Chase at one of my local banks. I instantly call him and ask him if this is true. He says yes..... so i ask whats the approve percentage in this " i had in mind that i did not want to ruin my building credit i have atm " So he tells me about 98%...... I am blushing like i lterally passed this approval already. I told him naw ill call you back in 20 minutes let me think it clearly " simply because again dont want to ruin my credit i have worked hard to rack up " Well i decide to go for it in less than 2 minutes Instant Approval..... WOW i screamed like a cheerleader " in my mind of course " I was red tho haha dont know why. I was approved for 1k C.C Limit. I could have been approved for 250 for all i care. Its my very first unsecure card that i will admire and take care of like my own child.

This was the card i was gardening for Smiley Happy now its back to the garden. For those wondering what my current scores are... here goes

TU : 722

Exp : 691

Eq : 661

2 bad accounts that are currently being disputed.... Fully paid for since 2008 Tu and exp have removed both just EQ still has them on file. I hope that they will remove them soon.

Thanks guys. I read these forums daily and you all have helped me a great deal.

CONGRATS!!!

Freedom was one of my big wish list cards too I finally got it July of last year.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 11
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Chase gives You Freedom!  How you choose to use your Freedom is up to you. If you use it wisely, Chase will graciously take care of you. CONGRATS.!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 7 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 11
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats! You should feel very proud. You didn't just get a unsecured card, you got a unsecured PRIME card. Way to go! Great story!

I just got my Chase Freedom a month ago and I have been charging away for those UR points. Don't forget, 5% cash back on drugstores, gas stations, and Starbucks this quarter. :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 11
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

Chase gives You Freedom!  How you choose to use your Freedom is up to you. If you use it wisely, Chase will graciously take care of you. CONGRATS.!

+1

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.