Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl's Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohl's Approval

My oldest daughter was approved in store for a Kohl's card and the lady at the register looked at her (my daughter is 27, but looks 17, seriously) and told her, "you'll probably only get $200-$300 approval, but you should apply anyway."  That made her nervous, but she did it anyway.  She has a Cap 1 cc and a mortgage and that's it.  No baddies, nothing.  Well, the lady looked at my daughter astonished and said, " oh, you are approved for $800!"  HA!  In your face lady! 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Kohl's Approval

@Anonymous wrote:

My oldest daughter was approved in store for a Kohl's card and the lady at the register looked at her (my daughter is 27, but looks 17, seriously) and told her, "you'll probably only get $200-$300 approval, but you should apply anyway."  That made her nervous, but she did it anyway.  She has a Cap 1 cc and a mortgage and that's it.  No baddies, nothing.  Well, the lady looked at my daughter astonished and said, " oh, you are approved for $800!"  HA!  In your face lady! 

Congrats! for her better SL then many.

I sometimes read where most only start at 300 or 400 at best i think. I bet that nervousness exited immediately on that good news Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! for her better SL then many.

I sometimes read where most only start at 300 or 400 at best i think. I bet that nervousness exited immediately on that good news Smiley Happy

She came over and told me that she did it!  I had tried to talk her into a while back.  I personally was only approved at Kohl's for $300 in July but that was BEFORE a lot of baddies fell off.  Hoping for a CLI in January.

Message 3 of 20
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats to DD! Thanks for sharing.  

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 20
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Congrats to your DD on the approval!

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 5 of 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats to DOD!!Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 20
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats to your daughter!

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats thats amazing
Message 8 of 20
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I really hope your daughters continue to be successful in really building up their credit and getting prime cards too. I'd honestly refrain from getting too many store cards for that reason. Congratulations to them. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 9 of 20
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats to your daughter

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (May 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.