Penfed Denial then Survey Approved!!!

EQ 678
NexGen??
bK13 discharged 4/4/17
1 medical judgment on report
Capital One QS1 not reporting yet
Auto Loan $37k not reporting yet
Inquiries - 1 from auto, 1 from CapOne and 1 from Penfed

Originally denied for rewards card. Did survey and approved for 1k SL on Promise Card!!!! Not much but considering how new I am in rebuilding, this is amazing!!!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Penfed Denial then Survey Approved!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
EQ 678
NexGen??
bK13 discharged 4/4/17

Originally denied for rewards card. Did survey and approved for 1k SL on Promise Card!!!! Not much but considering how new I am in rebuilding, this is amazing!!!

Wow, to get a  quality card like that immediately after bankruptcy... you are indeed fortunate, and now have a fantastic headstart on rebuilding.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
EQ 678
NexGen??
bK13 discharged 4/4/17

Wow, to get a  quality card like that immediately after bankruptcy... you are indeed fortunate, and now have a fantastic headstart on rebuilding.

Yeah, very surprised on the approval so soon after BK.  Guess you never know.

@Anonymous Congrats!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That is a great approval from PenFed. They can help you out a lot during your rebuild

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome job LilHobbit super congrats on your PenFed approval, they are awesome with recons!! 😊
Message 5 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Very lucky indeed! Congrats.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats great. My bk7 from 10 years ago was a key denial factor for cli they liked to use during my 1st year with my $500 promise. They must have looked at other key factors in your profile to help with there reconsideration so thats a nice pull. EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores were higher immediately coming out of BKR than most people's, from what I can tell.  My husband and I got secured cards while still in BKR and kept utlization low and made on time payments every month so I'm sure that looked good to PenFed.  After the denial of the Rewards card I apped for the Promise card and reconned via email immediately.  Got the phone call this morning and she approved me.  In addition, she told me I qualify for the ODLOC and went ahead and added it to my checking!!  Even if my CL stays at $1k for a year, I'm ok with that.  I'm just glad to get in with them and have a chance to really start a rebuild.

Message 8 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My scores were higher immediately coming out of BKR than most people's, from what I can tell.  My husband and I got secured cards while still in BKR and kept utlization low and made on time payments every month so I'm sure that looked good to PenFed.  After the denial of the Rewards card I apped for the Promise card and reconned via email immediately.  Got the phone call this morning and she approved me.  In addition, she told me I qualify for the ODLOC and went ahead and added it to my checking!!  Even if my CL stays at $1k for a year, I'm ok with that.  I'm just glad to get in with them and have a chance to really start a rebuild.

You might not realize it LilHobbit but that is extremely valuable information you just shared.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 10
kobe2012
Established Contributor

I got a survey too after a denial two days ago and the manager called yesterday but didn't get to speak with him ... he said he will call back on Monday ... my nexgen score is way too low 575 .. but fico is about 640 does anyone know if there's even a chance on recon??

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.