Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ and Amazon

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: US Bank Cash+ and Amazon

@ztnjpv wrote:

Moreover, I think my answer clearly demostrated that I found the earlier remark confusing based on current knowledge. 

My larger point being that the response I got made no sense based what I what I said, how it was worded and, most importantly, what I meant. 

You found the earlier remark confusing because you did not realize that at the time it was written that book store was not a category it was not well known that it would be. I simply pointed out that book store not being a category was outdated knowledge which should resolve your confusion. If you have any other interpretation of your own words, I'm curious to know. 

Message 21 of 28
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

longtimelurker,

I didn't mean to be rude nor did I think I was. Unfortnuately, there's no way to really convey that it writing. And I did not and still cannot see HiLine's comment as pointing anything out to me.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 22 of 28
HiLine
Blogger

You found the earlier remark confusing because you did not realize that at the time it was written that book store was not a category it was not well known that it would be. I simply pointed out that book store not being a category was outdated knowledge which should resolve your confusion. Does that make sense? 

Message 23 of 28
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Hiline, Sorry but telling me "Bookstore is a new category" should somehow translate to:

pointing "out that book store not being a category was outdated knowledge which should resolve your confusion. If you have any other interpretation of your own words, I'm curious to know."

...is not exactly something that jumps out at the reader. Would have been far easier to just say it straight up. From my reading, even after seeing that original date, still seemed like a non answer that didn't follow from the comment it was replying to. 

But whatever. No harm done. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 24 of 28
HiLine
Blogger

My assumption was that

"Books store is a new category" implies "book store not being a category was outdated knowledge"

Does it not? 

Message 25 of 28
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

HiLine,

It's all good. No worries. I took the response at face value. I didn't get the implied meaning. 

Message 26 of 28
HiLine
Blogger

Not a problem. I went to such lengths to reassure you that I indeed read the comment I replied to Smiley Wink

Thanks longtimelurker for helping me clarify this Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 28
primechicken
Contributor

@QuantumCredit wrote:

Thank you all for the info!!

Well Amazon was not the only reason I was interested in the card, restaurants and bills alone are worth getting it and it will supplement my AmEX BCP beautifully.

So I just applied for it and the system told me it needed 7-10 days to "verify" everything. I called the backdoor number to check on my status and the lady said it was a standard 3 day verification (3 days, not 7-10) that all applicants go thorugh and I should know by Thursday. Well, fingers crossed.... My FICO is really good, but I do not have any credit lines at or above 5K except on accounts I am authorized to use. I really really hope they don't downgrade me to that 1% on everything card as I have no use for it whatsoever right now (who would ever really).

You can do better cash back rewards on Amazon.com without even using the Amazon.com Visa. In fact, you can do better WITH the Cash+ card, if I'm not mistaken. Simply activate "electronics stores" as one of your 5% categories and buy Amazon gift cards from Best Buy. this is just one example of how it can be done with the Cash+. I thought about getting the Amazon.com Visa for the 3%. But nope don't need it. I can always get at least 3% by using other cards to buy Amazon gift cards from the corresponding rewards-category stores. For example, my BCE card will get me 3% back if I use it to buy Amazon gift cards at the grocery store. My BofA card will get me the same if I buy em at Quik Trip (gas stations). And between the rotating categories from the Freedom and the Discover cards, you would almost always have a way to get 5% somehow (home improvement stores, gas stations, drugstores, office supplies, etc.). You don't need the Amazon.com Visa for that. You can even do better without it.

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.