Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20k BT Just For The Hell Of It?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 20k BT Just For The Hell Of It?

@Runitup wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. The banks want to give me essentially free money I'm just trying to find ways to take advantage. I was thinking about potentially doing the Lending Club thing and some other things.

If you want to take these offers you should be investing in some serious business not high yield stuff... takes money to make money so i see why you are interested in taking advantage of opportunity but you need to find better investments.

Message 21 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

@Runitup wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. The banks want to give me essentially free money I'm just trying to find ways to take advantage. I was thinking about potentially doing the Lending Club thing and some other things.

Lending Club investing is not without risk. You will potentially be putting a strain on your relationship with your creditors. Its just not worth it for the small return.

If you could scale it up to say a million dollars borrowed at 0% with no risk on the pricniple and a 1% return that might be worth it but why mess with your creditors for $200?

Right, my thought was that is perhaps slighlly borderline behavior, and if you are happy doing that, there are things that are much more profitable with similar or less risk.

Message 22 of 26
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Why go through all that trouble? Just send money from slate into checking.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 23 of 26
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Which Capital One card is offering you a check?

Message 24 of 26
Runitup
Regular Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

Which Capital One card is offering you a check?

Venture1

Message 25 of 26
Runitup
Regular Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:

Why go through all that trouble? Just send money from slate into checking.

Option not available, only traditional BTs.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.