Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6% Back on gas with BCP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

6% Back on gas with BCP

Where I live there is a ''food champ'' store that sells gas as well. If I pay inside instead of at the pump, it tags the transaction as groceries haha! Helps to know exactly how much it takes to fill up my tank lol. Has anyone else ever done this or heard of this?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 6% Back on gas with BCP

Yes, no big deal. I also buy gas gift cards at the supermarket. I basically get 6% back on everything I want really. I just have to decide whether its worth the trouble buying the gift card first.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right on
Message 3 of 22
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

For some reason I thought they "fixed" the whole gift card loophole.  I may be thinking of a different card though. 

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mattopotamus wrote:

For some reason I thought they "fixed" the whole gift card loophole.  I may be thinking of a different card though. 

What loophole is there to fix? The amount you can earn 6% on is fixed with the $6k cap. It's up to you how you want to use those $6k.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

What loophole is there to fix? The amount you can earn 6% on is fixed with the $6k cap. It's up to you how you want to use those $6k.

I think that Discover during the Apple Pay promotion was pretty 'on it' denying the extra % on gift card purchases. 

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

I think that Discover during the Apple Pay promotion was pretty 'on it' denying the extra % on gift card purchases. 

Are we even talking about Discover? LOL, data points from completely different bank and different reward structure.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

Are we even talking about Discover? LOL, data points from completely different bank and different reward structure.

I was answering that. 

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

I was answering that. 

How does that benefit this thread?

Message 9 of 22
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

I was answering that. 

How does that benefit this thread?

Pretty harsh Huckleberry!

Amex is looking at gift cards spend at grocery stores.  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.