Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A nice little surprise from Cap1.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A nice little surprise from Cap1.

I logged onto my Cap1 account today and saw that they increased my credit limit up to 1100 dollars from 600 on my Visa card (and this is within 90 days my opening the account). I need to stay on point with Cap1 and work on increasing the limit on my other Visa card with them (the CL is currently 300 dollars on that card). Keep the utilization down. Message Edited by landocalrissian on 12-31-2007 02:13 PM

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 12-31-2007 02:14 PM
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A nice little surprise from Cap1.

wtgSmiley Happykeep up the good work.
Message 2 of 18
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Very nice, congrats!  Smiley Happy
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 18
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

im realizing that maybe cap1 isnt so bad. i got my first cli recently by calling the backdoor # AND i had an emergency this week and was able to make an $85 charge when the automated system said my avail credit was .75 cents. i think capital one has improved their cust service a lot.
Message 4 of 18
NowIcare
Regular Contributor

landocalrissian wrote:
I logged onto my Cap1 account today and saw that they increased my credit limit up to 1100 dollars from 600 on my Visa card (and this is within 90 days my opening the account). I need to stay on point with Cap1 and work on increasing the limit on my other Visa card with them (the CL is currently 300 dollars on that card). Keep the utilization down. Message Edited by landocalrissian on 12-31-2007 02:13 PM

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 12-31-2007 02:14 PM

If you dont mind me asking........... What where your spending habits and payment with them in these first 90 days? I am interested as I recently got a Cap One also THX
NO SIGNATURE FOR ME
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can combine your two cap ones using the oldest date.  just call them.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapitalOne has definitely gotten better in some cases...I used the back door number, had the account for 2 months and asked for an increase and they doubled it..Showed up the same day online..I think with all the competition out there they are trying to become no1 on the list of cards to use..Still have a long way to go but I will say on their behalf they seem to be stepping up their game....

They like to see spending as all CC companies do..Usage is important with them..They asked me how can they make Capone my favorite card I stated by increasing me so that I can spend on it...
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used the card pretty frequently since first receiving it and paid it in full.  I am now running a balance on my other Cap1 Visa card (CL at $300) of about 116 dollars (throwing them some bones) so that they can show me some more CLI love soon--I just paid 109 dollars on this card on the 12/31/07.  What I realize with Cap1 is that if you use their card regularly and pay them way above the minimum, they will increase your limits faster than you might realize.  Mind you, they have given me TWO cli's way above what I expected them to give based on their Credit Steps program.  Right now, I am utilizing my other Cap1 Visa more.  The one that have received the 2 CLI's has a zero balance and I am going to let it marinate for a while.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 01-02-2008 07:31 AM
Message 8 of 18
NowIcare
Regular Contributor

I have PIF since getting it............... Do you think I should carry a small balance? To make them think they will get interest from me LOL
NO SIGNATURE FOR ME
Message 9 of 18
annah
Contributor

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you just reminded me to look up their backdoor number!! I just called and got a $500 cli after I was declined last week through their cs number. yay!
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.