Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3X CLI question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 3X CLI question.

@Anonymous

I appreciate your desire to get an answer to your question but I think you'd be better off starting your own thread and not adding confusion to the discussion here.

Your earlier comment said you recieved a CLI on your BCE at 61 days.  Therefore you will not be eligible for a CLI on any of your American Express cards until 180 days have elapsed from the date the first CLI on the BCE was approved.  In other words, you will not be eligible for a CLI on any of your cards until at least 241 days have elapsed from the date the BCE account was opened.

@Anonymouswrote:

I don't recall ever gettin an email like that, just one thta said welcome aboard. And confirmation of online accn't creation.

So I should wait for an auto CLI at 6 months, then submit another one myself? 

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My apologies. I've just seen this question asked so many times, and often answered with slightly differnt wording. I think the more I see it asked the more it confuses me. But I think I've got it now thanks!

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem.  Amex considers all your cards as a single account and the rule is "one CLI every 180 days per account" regardless of the number of cards in that account.  Of course Amex can issue an auto-CLI at any time if your credit profile supports it.  But CLI requests originating from the cardholder are limited to one approval every 180 days.

@Anonymouswrote:

My apologies. I've just seen this question asked so many times, and often answered with slightly differnt wording. I think the more I see it asked the more it confuses me. But I think I've got it now thanks!

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

glad I found this thread.  Bumping just incase other recent Amex user like myself(also have BCE in "credit steps"+Delta Gold Skymiles non steps) were wondering the same thing

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let’s keep posts regarding Amex 3X CLI to the thread linked below which is where we want to keep these posts. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811...

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.