Regular Contributor
turninganewleaf

AMEX CLI?

[ Edited ]
I have an AMEX Blue CC, received Delta Gold in Sept, upgraded to Blue in Oct.  I have received 2 statements and have PIF both times, current bal is $0.

My current CL is $1K and I'd kind of like to ask for a CLI to maybe $2500, I don't want to push it just yet.  I think just $1500 would be safe CLI off the bat.

My only concern is that I may apply for a home loan in May/June of 2008...would a CLI now hurt me?  I really was planning on waiting until this account has aged 6 mos.

What do you all think?

Message Edited by turninganewleaf on 11-07-2007 08:15 AM
FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Frequent Contributor
TheCynicalOne

Re: AMEX CLI?

I don't forsee that would have a big impact on your score.  Go for it.  If you think you can get the increase, do it. Definitely will help your utilization.
Time is credit's best friend...it can heal any wound.
Frequent Contributor
dangphuocloc72

:smileyhappy: max out your Cl and then sent the check to them befor closing day 11/05 after closing day hit on lov . they'll give you what ever u like cl . I just did Cl up to 2500 now . I'll wait for next month do id again . good luck :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
TheCynicalOne

dangphuocloc72 wrote:
:smileyhappy: max out your Cl and then sent the check to them befor closing day 11/05 after closing day hit on lov . they'll give you what ever u like cl . I just did Cl up to 2500 now . I'll wait for next month do id again . good luck :smileyhappy:

I did that to Chase and they decreased my loc...

Thank God I had that reversed a few days ago.  Chase is in my good graces again!
Time is credit's best friend...it can heal any wound.
Senior Contributor
imducky

i've hear double existing cl every 30 days (i'm not that brave though), but my first attempt from 2-5k was shot for card not open 30 days, second 2-5k shot down multiple reason, thid times a charm 2-4k instant.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}