Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX JUST TOOK AWAY NPSL ON MY PLATINUM CARD

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX JUST TOOK AWAY NPSL ON MY PLATINUM CARD

I'm quite certain I'm going to be the outlier here, but I honestly would prefer a hard-limit on my NPSL card; that way there would never be a question of if I was getting 'close' to my internal limit or not. 

I'm very aware of the website feature that allows you to see if a charge will be approved, but sometimes that's not feasible, especially when traveling and making many smaller purchases.  At least with a hard-limit, you don't have to be concerned with this (assuming it's sufficient, of course). 

It's one of the main reasons I usually pass on using my Green card and instead prefer one of my other cards with an established credit line; I always know where I stand, and don't have to worry about being embarassed.

Message 11 of 23
Interestedincredit
Established Member

Thank you guys for all of your wonderfull insight, I will just ride out the hard limit.  Thank you again!!

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey..

I agree with Uncle B...at least with a hard limit you know where you stand.

Leave the limit...In a few months it will be gone..If you dispute it, and poke the bear...the bear may poke back out of spite, yielding the dreaded FR/////

You'll be fine. Smiley Happy

Be well

Gregg

Message 13 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:
I got hit with a hard limit on my Amex platinum and it's way less than yours, mines almost embarassing as like annual fee is so high. It's been there for almost a year.

Why did yours get hit with a hard limit ddemari?  I think your Plat AmEx is less than a couple years old, right?

Message 14 of 23
ddemari
Super Contributor

I got back in Amex in 2013 with a green card that was backdated to 2003. I never burned them in my bk from 2003. I used to have a platinum and gold charge, along with blue credit card back in that time. they would never approve me, but they did for green. then I upgraded and had always paid in full on time for nearly 3 years with them and they slapped with me a hard limit almost 1 year ago. Im thinking its inquiries??? my EX had even risen 40 points since i got back in with them. Also, maybe because I have a lot of credit with other lenders and I dont run more than 3000 through the amex charge card ever a month they slapped in on there??

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

DD---

Knowing amex....probably too much available credit (which, as you know, they see as available debt)  Don't think they care about the inquiries.

They do soft ex every month.

Take care

Gregg

Message 16 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:

I got back in Amex in 2013 with a green card that was backdated to 2003. I never burned them in my bk from 2003. I used to have a platinum and gold charge, along with blue credit card back in that time. they would never approve me, but they did for green. then I upgraded and had always paid in full on time for nearly 3 years with them and they slapped with me a hard limit almost 1 year ago. Im thinking its inquiries??? my EX had even risen 40 points since i got back in with them. Also, maybe because I have a lot of credit with other lenders and I dont run more than 3000 through the amex charge card ever a month they slapped in on there??

Ok gotcha.  I was wondering about that.  I'm thinking it's likely pointing to the same situation that GMoney mentioned above.  Hey, at least no FR and no closures which is a + Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 23
ddemari
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Ok gotcha.  I was wondering about that.  I'm thinking it's likely pointing to the same situation that GMoney mentioned above.  Hey, at least no FR and no closures which is a + Smiley Tongue

Exactly, the hard limit doesnt bother me that much because ive never run into a situation where i only had an amex charge card to buy to something lol. 

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this happen. I appealed it and won. They temoved the limit. It was very easy and took @3 weeks.
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Btw, I posted a bit about my experience in another thread. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or post there. Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.