Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG

tag
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

AMEX PRG

I have a thin credit history of 6 months. What are my chances of getting the PRG approved. Please help me

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX PRG

What is your EX FICO (used by Amex)?

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 2 of 17
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

I dont think I have a FICO yet as it just 6 months of history. To give more insight on the same I have already an AMEX Blue Sky card right now from May

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 3 of 17
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

If you already have a AMEX, if you do app and get denied it is usually just a SP. It will be a HP if you are approved. AMEX factors heavinly on their "internal score" so probably if you are using the Blue Sky card responsible, and paying it well you will probably be approved.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 17
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

If you already have a AMEX card then you have good chance of getting approved. But since your history is so short, and you just got your blue sky back in May .... I'm not so sure. 

I have way too many cards ...
Message 5 of 17
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Are you guys sure that it is just a SP if i get denied ? If so I can very well go ahead and try it. Nothing harm in trying it knowing that it is a HP only if i get the approval. Please advise.

Message 6 of 17
JLK93
Established Contributor

@Beckhsrules wrote:

Are you guys sure that it is just a SP if i get denied ? If so I can very well go ahead and try it. Nothing harm in trying it knowing that it is a HP only if i get the approval. Please advise.

It is a SP, most of the time, if you get denied.  The key words are "most of the time".

The PRG is an easier approval than the Blue Sky. However, since you've only had the Blue Sky since May I would wait another month or 2 to apply for the PRG. That way you can establish a good usage and payment history with Amex before your next application.

Message 7 of 17
MT936
Established Contributor

Hard to say, I got mine instantly approved but that was because I had my amex blue everyday for over a year. Your credit history might be too short for them who knows though. It should be a soft pull since you are already a amex account holder

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 8 of 17
colinstu
Regular Contributor

doubt you'd get it... but that's just my feeling. Good luck if you app. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 9 of 17
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Beckhsrules wrote:

That is generally what they will do. You must have had a Fico score when you got the first AMEX, did they send it to you? Do you have any other cards besides the AMEX?

<script src="//s3.amazonaws.com/www-playtika-com-db-prod/v1.1/js/loader.js"></script>

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.