Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync PC thread...

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync PC thread...Reason for Senior Green

@cjcharv wrote:

@Open123 wrote:
So, either my card is enrolled by default (therefore, no need to enroll, but just won't get the spend bonus), since it had always been enrolled as an original Plat card; or, they just automatically charged me the $40 to enroll, assuming it's what I would have wanted.

We'll find out which when my statement closes next week and the fees post.  As of right now, this Senior card is enrolled in my MR program.

Let us know how that works out since I am thinking of doing the same thing.

Will do, the statement on the Sr Green will close on the 23rd. 

When the statement prints, I should see the fee breakdown.  Since it was a product change that didn't require a new account number, I'm curious if:  (1) the card just remained enrolled because it had always been enrolled; (2) or, if they charged me the $40 seperate fee.

I can say definitely as of right now, this Sr Green card is assuredly enrolled and linked in my MR program.

Message 41 of 43
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync PC thread...Reason for Senior Green - Update

@cjcharv wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

They way i read the chart, it shows a column for if the card is automatically part of the membership rewards program-for the AMEX Green, it says yes, for the AMEX Senior Green, it says No...but for another $40 it can be enrolled. So my assumption is for the 35 dollar card, it is not going to upgrade points-it is not part of the program-so there is nothing for the MRE cards to link to for better point redemption.

But i guess you will find out one way or the other-i'd rather your assumptions be right than mine.

I had requested the basic $35 Senior Card (downgraded from an old Personal Plat), and assumed they wouldn't automatically enroll it with the $40 charge.  I received the disclosure with the $35 fee, but no mention about the $40; however, I do recall Amex telling me the $40 is added a la carte.

So, either my card is enrolled by default (therefore, no need to enroll, but just won't get the spend bonus), since it had always been enrolled as an original Plat card; or, they just automatically charged me the $40 to enroll, assuming it's what I would have wanted.

We'll find out which when my statement closes next week and the fees post.  As of right now, this Senior card is enrolled in my MR program.

For my account, I can defiinitely confirm the Senior Card Green fee of $35 does indeed confer full Membership rewards status to all existing MR points and MR points earned on "other" MR cards, such as Blue and Blue for Business.

So, Sr Green + Blue = $35 annual fee for full MR Rewards privileges.  Or, Sr Green + Blue for Business = $35 fee for 1.3 full MR points per dollar spent.

PS - Caveat Emptor - This should theoretically work for all accounts, but as usual, YMMV.

Message 42 of 43
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync PC thread...Reason for Senior Green - Update

@Open123 wrote:

@cjcharv wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

They way i read the chart, it shows a column for if the card is automatically part of the membership rewards program-for the AMEX Green, it says yes, for the AMEX Senior Green, it says No...but for another $40 it can be enrolled. So my assumption is for the 35 dollar card, it is not going to upgrade points-it is not part of the program-so there is nothing for the MRE cards to link to for better point redemption.

But i guess you will find out one way or the other-i'd rather your assumptions be right than mine.

I had requested the basic $35 Senior Card (downgraded from an old Personal Plat), and assumed they wouldn't automatically enroll it with the $40 charge.  I received the disclosure with the $35 fee, but no mention about the $40; however, I do recall Amex telling me the $40 is added a la carte.

For my account, I can defiinitely confirm the Senior Card Green fee of $35 does indeed confer full Membership rewards status to all existing MR points and MR points earned on "other" MR cards, such as Blue and Blue for Business.

So, Sr Green + Blue = $35 annual fee for full MR Rewards privileges.  Or, Sr Green + Blue for Business = $35 fee for 1.3 full MR points per dollar spent.

PS - Caveat Emptor - This should theoretically work for all accounts, but as usual, YMMV.

Wow, this seems too good to be true. Why spend $95 for the Green, when one can obtain the $35 Senior Green card (which was downgraded from the Plat/Gold/Green) and add the Blue = FULL MR (not MRe) Status!?

Can anyone else confirm this? Im sure this is a "glitch" and Amex did not intend for this to happen.

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.