Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? About My Points Visa...

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

? About My Points Visa...

Hi everyone any cardholders out there is it true for wholesale clubs and convenience stores you will earn 2X ponts per dollar I came across this information on my points website, also has anyone app'd for this card recently and is it worth it...Thanks for any information...

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ? About My Points Visa...

Could you be a bit more specific?

Message 2 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Could you be a bit more specific?

I am asking about the rewards for this card, I live out in MA wholesale club stores like for instance Sams Club, Costco Would you get 2 points instead of 1, by chance do you have this card?

Message 3 of 7
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure if that is true or not.  Costco - takes Amex and Sam's club, mastercard and discover.   At least here in Michigan I can't use the MyPoints Visa card at either of those.

I was "preapproved" on the MyPoints website in March, started at $4,000, got a CLI in August to $6,000, both the app and CLI were soft pulls.

I've used it here and there, but the rewards program-- there are much better out there if you qualify.

Message 4 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

Usually with credit cards with grocery points you can only pretty much use it at a regular grocery store not wholesale food stores, but there is not even a website link to even apply for this card, why back I use to get pre-approval email offers and pop-ups for this card not anymore, I wonder if commenity is stopping apps for this card????

Message 5 of 7
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@tray wrote:

Usually with credit cards with grocery points you can only pretty much use it at a regular grocery store not wholesale food stores, but there is not even a website link to even apply for this card, why back I use to get pre-approval email offers and pop-ups for this card not anymore, I wonder if commenity is stopping apps for this card????

I don't know if they are stopping apps for this card, but this card is, from my understanding -- only obtainable through pre-approval pop-up only.  You can not apply for it!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 6 of 7
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

From what I hear the points are usually worth less than a cent. There are true 2% cash back cards like Citi Double Cash available. There are cards that give 5% cash back for Groceries if thats what you are looking for. So this card doesn't seem very appealing to me.

Sallie-BCP3.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.