Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Approval!! With Questions

Hello All,

I was just approved for the following:

Blue Cash Preferred: 5k Limit

Preferred Rewards Gold Card: NPSL

Preferred Rewards Green Card: NPSL

I am SO excited! Especially after being declined back in December due to too many inquiries (only one fell off since then.. wth AMEX?)

I really didn't think I'd be approved for ANY Amex at this point, but the bug got to me and I pulled the trigger. I do however plan on keeping the Gold and the BCP. Will they charge an annual fee for the Green Card if I do not activate it? Should I call from now to cancel?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express Approval!! With Questions

Why did you apply for both the Gold and Green card?  Most of the time they waive the annual fee on their charge cards for the first year, do you know if they did on your offer?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 11
winner88
Contributor

Congratulations!

Just curious, why do you need two similar charge cards -  PRG and Green .. ? 

( PRG or Green ) and Platinum yes because of different rewards and benefits structure.

EQ 772
TU 764
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied by impulse: Stupid I know, but I didn't think I'd be approved for the Green so I tried the Gold right after.

Message 4 of 11
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Next time do a little more research before you apply for cards as both the Green and Gold have the same approval standards.

If you call amex NOW they might delete one of the apps for you so that you don't have the new account hit your credit report and cause your AAoA to drop even farther.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke with them and they'll take care of it. Thanks!

Message 6 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 11
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just spoke with them and they'll take care of it. Thanks!

AWESOME!!!!!  Congrats on your new cards! use them wisely!

Message 8 of 11
rtw
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! Enjoy the BCP.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 9 of 11
mojobones89
Contributor

what did your scores and inquires look like?what about your aaoa and util%?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.