Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 61d tomorrow high SL 15k

tag
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

Amex 61d tomorrow high SL 15k

So my Amex 61st day is tomorrow. My BCE is my highest limit at 15000. I want to ask for a CLI but I don't want to trigger the tax forms and my income is 73k so I think a 45k limit would be excessive. What does everybody think about asking for 25k or 24.9k?

Also I do have baddies on my report and my ex has been hanging in the 690s.
06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex 61d tomorrow high SL 15k

I feel that I would still try for the 3xCLI. If they don't want to approve it they will counter, correct?

If they ask for the tax forms you don't HAVE to fill them out. There are people here with CL's over their income.

But, it's a YMMV type of thing.
Message 2 of 31
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

Lol I don't know if they counter or not... 45000 is an insane number. I remember reading about an invisible limit of 40% of income. Is that info still accurate?
Message 3 of 31
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

@leegreen wrote:
Lol I don't know if they counter or not... 45000 is an insane number. I remember reading about an invisible limit of 40% of income. Is that info still accurate?

I'm not 100% sure on that. I would wait for others to chime in on this. 

Message 4 of 31
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@leegreen wrote:

As kr mentioned, if I were you, I would go for for 3 x CLI. The reason being is that they do increase after 61 days. Worst case scenario is either they don't counter/decline. But let say if they do counter, you are going to be better off than your current CL. Nothing to lose IMHO. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 5 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kr3st00 wrote:
I feel that I would still try for the 3xCLI. If they don't want to approve it they will counter, correct?

If they ask for the tax forms you don't HAVE to fill them out. There are people here with CL's over their income.

But, it's a YMMV type of thing.

IF they ask for a 4506-T, they won't counter at this point, i.e. they WON'T say "We can give you $20K but if you want more fill in the form"   They will just ask you to complete the form.   If and when you do this, they may give you the full amount, or give you less.

But, if you don't fill in the form, your CLI request expires 30 days after receipt of the letter requesting the form.   

So OP has a good question, asking too much and not filling out the form might preclude getting any CLI.   But we just don't know.   It might be that at a certain point they want to verify income, no matter how much or little you ask.

So, if you are prepared to fill it out, may as well ask for 3x, otherwise try a smaller amount but it might not prevent the request.  Or you might get the whole 3x without being asked.

(Note: I don't follow my own advice here!   I have always asked for small increases, but going from 42-50K did trigger a form request anyway.)

Message 6 of 31
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I can see that also I do not need any CLI so if they decline me I can simply come back in 91 days. I actually just want to avoid the tax forrms lol not because I lied about income because it's a lot of info and I like my privacy.
Message 7 of 31
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

If the forms are requested but not supplied is that a CLI denial (91 days for next) or approval (181 days for next)?
Message 8 of 31
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

@leegreen wrote:
Yeah I can see that also I do not need any CLI so if they decline me I can simply come back in 91 days. I actually just want to avoid the tax forrms lol not because I lied about income because it's a lot of info and I like my privacy.

Even if they ask for it, you don't have to fill it out. I remember reading where they sent it to the memeber and he didn't want to fill it out so he never did. But he ended up getting a CLI anyways without filling out anything. So again, YMMV. 

Message 9 of 31
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your advice here. I guess I will see how bold I am feeling in the morning.
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.