cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex: Repeated SPs and CC offers = No Blacklist?

tag
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Amex: Repeated SPs and CC offers = No Blacklist?

I hope this is posted in the right place...

Back when I was young and irresponsible, I screwed up my credit and had an Amex charge card to go into collections then charged off (not paid). This occurred in early 2001. Since then I have not attempted to app for any of their CCs knowing that I was probably placed on some blacklist. Well, last week I got a surprising offer in the mail for the Everyday card. With that said, I recently disputed some items on my CRs and upon reading the results, I noticed that Amex and Amex 2 (?) have been repeatedly SP my Experian CR since early this year. Is it possible that I'm no longer on their blacklist? My scores are in no condition to be used to app at the moment, but it seems like in a year or two it may be possible for me to get back in with them.

What do you think? I'm just wondering if they would even bother to extend an offer to someone who burned them in the past. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex: Repeated SPs and CC offers = No Blacklist?

@Anomalous wrote:

Back when I was young and irresponsible, I screwed up my credit and had an Amex charge card to go into collections then charged off (not paid). This occurred in early 2001. Since then I have not attempted to app for any of their CCs knowing that I was probably placed on some blacklist. Well, last week I got a surprising offer in the mail for the Everyday card. With that said, I recently disputed some items on my CRs and upon reading the results, I noticed that Amex and Amex 2 (?) have been repeatedly SP my Experian CR since early this year. Is it possible that I'm no longer on their blacklist? My scores are in no condition to be used to app at the moment, but it seems like in a year or two it may be possible for me to get back in with them.

What do you think? I'm just wondering if they would even bother to extend an offer to someone who burned them in the past. 

What have you got to lose!

If you're still on the sh**list, they won't HP you.

Message 2 of 4
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anomalous wrote:

What have you got to lose!

If you're still on the sh**list, they won't HP you.

HA! That much is true Smiley Happy

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3 of 4
filmkid
Established Member

I had a similar situation to yours in the past.  I burned Amex in 1998 it was charged off. Forward to 2013 after fixing my credit after years of neglect I was invited back to amex with an offer in the mail. I applied and was approved for the PRG and this year I was approved for the Blue Cash back with a 20K credit. If you have no baddies in your credit at this time I would say go for it.. They do a SP on your credit if you where a past customer so if you are denied it wont affect you and if your approved thats when it becomes a HP on credit. I bet you will be approved let us know what happens.. Good luck.

Equifax MyFico: 753
TransUnion MyFico: 756
Experian My Fico: 767

Amex Blue Cash $20,000 | AMEX Platinum | Amex SPG $25,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $25,000 | Chase Freedom $8,000 | Macy's Amex $5,000| Nordstrom Visa $10,000 | William Sonoma Visa $5,500 | Bloomingdales $3000 | Wells Fargo Plat $500 | Macy's $1200 |
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.