Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And it continues... Walmart Disaster...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

And it continues... Walmart Disaster...

Thought I posted before but couldn't find old thread so quick information about it:

Purchased something from Walmart.com, also purchased a few things from a local Walmart store.

I needed to return the purchase from Walmart.com and also 1 of the multiple things purchased at Walmart Store.

I printed out the label online and also notated on the label on outside of box a Walmart Store purchase was included.  I received the credit a couple days later to my Walmart Credit Card for the Walmart.com return.  I did not get any refund for the item in the box that was from Walmart Store.

Acccording to Walmart CS, Walmart.com and Walmart Store basically operate as independent companies and you can't return Walmart Store to Walmart.com... I have spent HOURS going back and forth, they just keep pointing fingers to each other, finally someone just said dispute with Walmart Credit Card which of course when I just called for update was closed out because they had my signature that I "DID" purchase the item in the store... Well DUH... I never disputed that fact!  So they disputed it again and notated that "I Did make the purchase BUT I returned it to the wrong place and now everyone says it's gone and they can't do anything"

I feel that a Billion Dollar company can not tell me that they have never had a customer return something to Walmart.com that should have gone to Walmart Store... Why would something be in place to handle this, Call me, Send it back to me and COD, something!

So it continues!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: And it continues... Walmart Disaster...

Sorry this is happening.  This is true with a lot of stores though and you may be out of luck.  You have to read the fine print of how to return what where, regardless what you may write on the outside of the box.  I hope you have a happy outcome!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 16
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

What would make you think you could do that? I know of no company that accepts in store purchases returned by mail to their online returns center. Just for some useless knowledge: mailed returns rarely, if ever, actually go back to the company when dealing with large retailers. Companies such as Newgisticts handle the returns and the process for reinserting it into the online inventory if applicable. That is often why things that sound simple often are not. In store, online, and returns can often be completely segregated.
Message 3 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes you are correct that many large retailers like Zappos, Amazon etc. do not put returns back into inventory and sell again regardless of condition on return.  I guess I was having a moment of duh myself.  I have returned many things purchased in store or online back to a store before via shipping but didn't really think about the .com return vs. store return.

But in the end I didn't think I would get "The item might have been thrown away since it's an item we don't have record of"

It is a $50 error, one of my cheaper errord over the years, but I do like to fight until the end Smiley Happy

Different topic thread, but did you know when you make a return to Zappos, it scans and credits the way you purchased and then moves over to the outlet side of Zappos and it gets opened... Someone I know said that they open boxes all the time that should have like a $3k pair of Dior Boots and inside the box will be a $20 old Nike Shoe... Not even a PAIR of Nike Shoes, Just 1.  They will mark the account but they still issue the refund!!!

Message 4 of 16
Coldness
Contributor

andddd that's why I use Amex for everything I can :/

Walmart's a dark, evil company that will do anything, including exploiting their own employees, to make a few more pennies in profit. Sorry you have to deal with this.
Message 5 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Coldness wrote:
andddd that's why I use Amex for everything I can :/

Walmart's a dark, evil company that will do anything, including exploiting their own employees, to make a few more pennies in profit. Sorry you have to deal with this.

RIGHT... I now mostly use my PayPal MC, but in the past I always used PayPal but then as extra security for myself paid for the purchase with Amex through my PayPal account... Yes PayPal has decent protection but you involve Amex and it's usually instant or much easier... from Amex: "Very sorry you are having issues, I have credited your account and you don't have to do anything more, we will handle the issue with PayPal and seller or company whatever it is and you have to do nothing!

Message 6 of 16
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

It is true that Walmart retail store and Walmart.com are two separate companies. Same thing with Target, Sears, etc.

What you should have done is return both items in store. You need to print out the return form on Walmart.com then take it to the store.

Message 7 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Coldness Very true!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

It is true that Walmart retail store and Walmart.com are two separate companies. Same thing with Target, Sears, etc.

What you should have done is return both items in store. You need to print out the return form on Walmart.com then take it to the store.

I acutally did this first... However my closet store is in Crenshaw in LA and sorry to anyone that is from Crenshaw or lives in Crenshaw I don't mean to be mean but it's scary ghetto to me and I literraly went and stood in the line for over 30 minutes, it wrapped its way INTO THE MALL!! One girl was at the return desk and she currently needed a supervisor over ride, in the 30 minutes I stood, that supervisor NEVER CAME... Who did come, was security to stand and make sure the line didn't get crazy. I walked out and vowed to never return to the store and do everything online and I went home and called for pickup Smiley Happy

so I will just go back to it's $50 that will most likely be a lesson to me and that will be it, but I'll try this dispute one more time.

Message 9 of 16
h4ldol
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Different topic thread, but did you know when you make a return to Zappos, it scans and credits the way you purchased and then moves over to the outlet side of Zappos and it gets opened... Someone I know said that they open boxes all the time that should have like a $3k pair of Dior Boots and inside the box will be a $20 old Nike Shoe... Not even a PAIR of Nike Shoes, Just 1.  They will mark the account but they still issue the refund!!!

I guess it's not overly surprising considering Zappos is owned by Amazon and therefore part of a huge company that probably determined that it saves money by letting the occasional unscrupulous buyer pull off those kind of shenanigans than go through all the hassle of fighting with someone who would even attempt something like that in the first place.  It's surprising though since it involves shoes, which I would assume can be resold as new, unlike many/most other consumer items. 

On the other hand, some stores like Best Buy make sure that a returned item box actually contains the item it should, even if it means opening up a package that is still sealed.  So when i returned a $600 tablet last year, unopened, they sliced it open just to make sure it had the tablet inside.  Of course that means that they can't sell it as new anymore, but I guess they'd rather take that loss than let those kind of people get away with complete fraud like that. 

Sadly, I'm betting Zappos will be getting a few more used, single Nikes in returned Jimmy Choo boxes (if they even sell high end shoes that is) after people read this...

but hey, who says I'm cynical? Smiley Wink

Btw, sorry to hear about your return troubles OP.  Sucks when that happens.  IME, it usually seems to be the other way around, that is, you can return online store purchased stuff to their brick n mortar shops but not usually the reverse. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.